Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove a product from cart

Hi guys
    I have been asked to do the updating and maintenance on www.hamradio.co.uk and one of the problems which has become evident is that the remove option on the cart does not work. The checkbox is there, but if you click on it to remove a product it doesn't do anything.

I am much more in tune with version 7 and haven't quite got to grips with the differences in templates in version 8. So could anyone give me some advise as to where to look and what I should be looking for to fix this problem.

Many thanks
    www.asmailorder.com www.asmailorder.co.uk

Your checkout pages have been customised (badly) thus you will need to compare your customised layout with the original to debug.

I used the remove option, the update button has cleverly been moved to the top of the basket display, it works but returns with an empty basket showing NETQUOTEVAR:SUBTOTAL

Comment

Yes, this is the problem, the whole thing has been customised, but the bloke who did it is not around anymore and I am trying to fix problems.

Where would I find the original? I know it sounds dumb, but I am lost in v8.

Louise

Comment

Thanks for those ideas.
        I have done this now, gone back to factory version. Now looks quite untidy, remove option still does not work as there doesn't appear to be the buttons at the bottom to continue, etc. I seem to be going round and around with this.

I can't do what you suggested though, looking at it in design view as it is a template for the cart and you have to know which bit you are looking for in the library. I knew where I was with the templates in 7, this just seems much more complicated.

Can anyone help this very tired, irritated cross-eyed, bald woman with headache!

Louise

Comment

Looks like you have reset the wrong thing to factory default. Reload the snapshot you took before you made the change and start again.

Use the top menu to go to Design | Library, select the Layout tab, then at the bottom of the list, Web page Inner Layouts, compare/revert Order 01 Bulk Area, Order 02 Bulk Area etc.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X