Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page width problems

Evening All

Hope somebody can have a quick look at my site and help me with a problem that I just can't sort out. Have looked at all the other posts regarding the same problem but can't find the answer.

I can't seem to work out why the page widths look okay on my computer but alot wider in the browser. I've tried using the web developer by Firefox but still stumped.

The site is based on the smart theme and is not the finished article. If anybody has any constructive advise it would be much appreciated. This is my first site and I'm not a designer so please go easy !

Would also like to thank Jo at Pinbrook for being so patient and helping me get the site uploaded.

Thanks in advance, Richard

http://www.landscaping-store.com

I may be missing the problem but I cannot see anything wrong. Your flash navigation will give you problems in the search engines - put an html limk to a site map to help things along.

Comment

Thanks for looking Malcolm, and thanks for the advice regarding the link, will do that.

The problem is the product pages seem to be wider than the logo and navigation bar, or am I just being to fussy!

Comment

They seem balanced to me. You could center the whole site which may make it look better

Comment

It looks larger to me and conversely your cart screen looks very squashed up. You have to specify 3 widths in SETTINGS | SITE OPTIONS, make sure you have all 3 set to a size which suits your layout. Go for specific px size on first one and then 100% on the 2 others.

Best sellers and New Products are also squashed up and don't look right.

Comment

Hi
            It looks to me that the images you are using at the top of each page (the product images, not the header, e.g the four reclaimed sleepers) are too wide, and are forcing the centre column to be wider than it should be. This is pushing the third column over. Try resizing the images to be say 550px wide instead of the current 580px
            Hope this helps

Tony Depledge
            Tony Depledge
            www.depledgedesign.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your advice Lee and Tony, will now put it into action.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                I may be missing the problem but I cannot see anything wrong. Your flash navigation will give you problems in the search engines - put an html limk to a site map to help things along.
                This is correct if you use the standard code DW will generate for the insertion of your .swf as this is not bot friendly as theyonly understand static HTML not a flash swf as essentially it is a running programme, hence the dislike and inability to parse it.

But if you hand code the primary HTML content along with your swf it will present no issues or denegration in SE performance.

Kind Regards
                Daren
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X