Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to flat file import duplicate products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to flat file import duplicate products?

Hi,

Ive just spent the best part of an hour trying to find the answer in the manual, advanced manual and searching the forum. I found one post in the developer section that looked as if it might have the answer but I am not privileged enough to read it.

I have two lines im experimenting with containing the same product info but different sections. On import I get a product reference conflict

eg.

"Aromatherapy|Body","After Sports Bath Oil","desc", "stockcode"
    "Aromatherapy|Face","After Sports Bath Oil","desc", "stockcode"

So what extra fields do I need to make this work? I cant create different stockcodes, but I have seen duplicate options in actinic so Im thinking there may be a way to do this?

Looking at available fields I figure that 'Original Product Reference' and 'Product Duplicate Index' would likely be involved, but I cant find the infos on how to use them.

Stuck!

This was quoted by Bruce of Actinic support in the Developers forum:
    Take a look in Help | Help Topics for 'Importing from a Standard Spreadsheet' or Flat File and you should see some information. You an also look at the sample import files that you will find in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Css Theme\Common , and build the Flat file based on the example. Duplicate products will carry a product reference of "1!6" for the first instance and "2!6" for the second instance and so on.
    and this was quoted a couple of posts later from the OP:
    Got this working.....

For the 'base' product, I used actual product reference and product type '0'.

For duplicates, product type '1', product ref n!.... and original product refernce filled in.

Worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
    X