Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewed SSL Certificate Problems

Hi,

I have just renewed our SSL Certificate and it has been installed on our server. But now when I try to upload anything I get this error message:

'An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic. Please check your connection first.'

Now, there is nothing wrong with the server/connection so has anyone any idea how I can stop this error message?

Cheers
    ABI

Check the cerificate name - ask the host (if they did a re-install of the new certificate) to check they did not break the symbolic link.

Disable SSL within Actinic and Network test the basic site details. Reconfigure the SSL details and network test again.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ok I have re-tested the site without the SSL turned on and it still gives me the same error message!!! Nothing except the SSL certificate has changed so why is it not connecting to the website?

Comment

Furthermore, when uploading it gets to the 'creating remote directory structure' and then just switches off - why would it do that? Is there a connection problem?

Comment

if the site uploads okay without SSL, you should contact your host to resolve this

Comment

It doesn't upload fine without the SSL - it still tells me the same error message!!

Comment

If it is now failing the basic Network Test with a 'cannot find server' error, then either you host has changed something (added or removed an mod_rewrite which changed www to non-www or vice versa, for example) or you/your ISP have a DNS resolution problem.

I'd start again with the host. Get the basics working before you tackle the SSL settings.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ok - well I will get intouch with my host (again) and try it that way.

Cheers for the advice guys

Comment

Yeah it worked !!! I got back in touch with my hosting service and they had changed the FTP host name completely so no wonder it wouldn't upload!!

Comment

Working...
                  X