X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug? export snapshot fatal error.

Code:
    FATAL ERRORS
    (File SnapshotWizard.cpp,  Line 674) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    	Library error - Can not open file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Actinic v8\Sites\actinet\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.
    what does this fatal error mean? its not really explained anywhere. and its blocking my snapshot export entirely.

Fatal Error means "You broke it" which means you did stuff over and above what actinic expected,

sometimes opening it in access and reparing the database there, if the compact and restart does not do the trick, failing that an actinic support ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
      failing that an actinic support ticket
      Otherwise known as a forum thread lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Otherwise known as a forum thread lol.
        Nah its a browser issue

Comment

actually, i think its my own fault.

my php code that acesses the database behind actinic's back may be causing bother.

lets hope not, becasue its a lot of fun.

Comment

'has been caught' is a euphanism for is locked open for use. Closing and reopening Actinic is normally enough to return things to normality and allow the snapshot to proceed.

If your php has the database open, then yes - Actinic would not be able to get the exclusive lock required to snapshot the database.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

It's almost certainly being caused by something else using your Actinic database, snapshot requires exclusive access to the db.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

dammit, this software is making things really complicated, for no good reason.

i'm going to have a toffee crunch corner while i think about how to get around this daft locking junk.

Comment

Working...
                X