Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently Viewed Items

Hi,
    I have a potential client wishing to have an eCommerce site with a recently viewed items list (as opposed to best sellers list etc). HAve searched the forum and found the following in v7 forum:-

Question:
    I'd like to be able to have a recently viewed section for returning shoppers/visitors. Is there an easy way to do this in catalog or developer?

Reply:
    Nope.
    Actinic generates static html pages, so to do this you'd need to create your own tracking scripts and then include the information as dynamic content on the web pages.

Assuming this is still the case in v8 does anyone out there know how to do this - i.e. create tracking scripts that are dynamically included in pages within Actinic?

Many thanks for any anticipated help.
    Chris
    Chris Adams

PM gabe, I think his actiniet could help you wth a little php.

p.

Comment

Do an Internet search on creation and use of session cookies - see if you can find a javascript routine to do the reading and writing for you.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Paul & Bill,
        Thanks for your suggestions, I'll have a look online as you suggested Bill and if that seems fruitless then I'll try and talk with PM gabe (do you mean Gabriel Crowe, the chap with the gun!?)
        Any further suggestions welcome.
        Thanks,
        Chris
        Chris Adams

Comment

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=recently

made your code from hacked up javascript stuffs. have fun.

Comment

I actually find this quite handy when browsing Amazulu (pun intended), could be standard kit on sites before too long.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

my hope is that this starting point will inspire people to add features.

its a bit simple at the moment, but i'm sure that there are some javascript bods out there, that can hack up a storm.

just remember not to be greedy and to post your code back up here if you make something cool.

Comment

Thanks loads for this - it's a great start and I'll see what I can do with it. I have very limited developer knowledge so whatever I will be able to do will be pretty limited (if anything at all to be honest!) but I will post again to let you know what I have been able to accomplish.
                Again, if there are any javascript gurus out there who have the time to play with this then please do let me know.
                Cheers,
                Chris
                Chris Adams

Comment

Working...
                X