Different colour schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different colour schemes

We want to have a different colour scheme for various sections.

It is probably just the main background colour and the navigation links area that will vary.

I have found out from the AUG (p76) how to change the main body colour but am not sure about varying the colour behind the navigation links.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Bob

Have a blockif which is fired by a section level variable, dependent on what you select on the variable, it can then define (or apply) a style change over the top of the existing defined style. I have a similar thing on a site whereby the background image (a manufacturers logo) changes according to the which manufacturers products you are looking at.

Comment

I did it by defining two variables for main background colour and navigation bar colour. Then I just added background-color to the body tag. The top two sections were created with a background image rather than a colour so that needed changing too.

Naturally enough there is always one more question! I can't seem to find how to add my background colour style to the section list background. Any ideas? I'm using Clean Layout 14.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

I gave up too easily! It was simply a case of removing class="sidebar" from the sidebar table and replacing it with my own background colour style. As far as I can see the sidebar class only has background colour in it (taking it out doesn't seem to have caused too much damage anyway!).

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

I spoke a bit too soon. Removing the sidebar class has screwed up the alignment of the page body. I've put it back in but can't find the class definition in the stylesheet. I went to 'select page type' in the design tab and selected Actinic Stylesheet, like it says to do in the help info, but sidebar isn't there. Are css definitions hidden anywhere else?

There's always one more bug!

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X