Switching from Actinic to Dreamweaver Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Actinic to Dreamweaver Error

i'm a new user to Actinic and i'm having trouble switching between Actinic and Dreamweaver... I keep getting an error massege that says "such and such file contains an invalid path". How do i get Dreamweaver to find the correct file path or Actinic...!! can any one help....!!

Hi James

Have you saved everything you refer to inside your folder SITE 1? (piccies etc)

Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Set up a new site in DW to be the same location is the Actinic Site1 folder. Store everything required eithr directly in the Site1 folder or a subfolder of that.

Also make sure you have the DW extension installed by running the DW extension manager - you should see it listed there.

If you are using CS3 then you might also want to search for threads on dreamweaver CS3 to see issues others have had getting CS3 to work properly. v852 which will be released soon (ish?) which is due to have a fix for DW CS3. See the provisional list of bug fixes for v852 here:
      http://community.actinic.com/showpos...5&postcount=15

Comment

I have not saved the files in site 1 as when i started with Actnic i created a new file in the sites directory ! the file named site 1 has all the example files in it that come with the Actnic program...this is why i created a new file. should i put all the files in site 1 !!!

(Actnic site www.schoolscapes.co.uk)

Comment

should i put all the files in site 1
          Yes you should

Comment

I have now got all of my files in to site 1 and I can now open it fine in Actinic, but I still get the same massage when I try and edit a page in Dreamweaver.

This is the massage I receive:

C:\program file\macromedia\Dreamweaver mx\schoolscapes\jon.htm contains an invalid path

I have tried to look for this file location without any luck...!!

can you help...

Comment

Site 1 is the default folder when you install as you have identified.

For future reference, the folder you have created, although going by a different name, serves exactly the same purpose, so no movement needed.

If you work on images etc ensure they are ALL saved into the folder you created.

Is that the case in this instance?

(eg in BMS you have licensed a new site, called it MY NEW SITE. Save everything in this site folder)

Regards
              Daren

Comment

I have now got all of my files in to site 1 and I can now open it fine in Actinic, but I still get the same massage when I try and edit a page in Dreamweaver.

This is the massage I receive:

C:\program file\macromedia\Dreamweaver mx\schoolscapes\jon.htm contains an invalid path

I have tried to look for this file location without any luck...!!

can you help...

Comment

If you are getting a massage, then don't complain, sit back and enjoy.
                  What has that page got to do with actinic?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyzz21

?

You got me on that one? Has this page ever been registered with Actinic?

Comment

I'm stumped... I don't have a clue what that has to do with Actinic thats just what pops up...!
                      is there any way that i can save changes to the HTML files in dreamweaver and then upload them in actinic..?
                      I might just have to use ftp software...!! any ideas...
                      Thanks for all your help

Comment

OK James

Try this.

License a new site in Actinic. Across in DW create a basic html page and register it with Actinic to display on your standard pages. ADD NOTHING.

The in Actinic, tell us what you see...

Regards
                        Daren

Comment

all of the pages go blank but the content directory is still there...!!

I've also tried the submit changes to actinic option and that works as well on the standard site... still dose not work in my site tho...

Comment

Maybe an MX issue? I'd try a reinstall of actinic and a fresh install of the DW addon.

Comment

Working...
                            X