• Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrade from v7 to v8 multisite most images are broken

The images which are not broken show a relative path:
    acatalog/Cover_neu_1_tn.jpg

The images which are broken show an absolute C: path:
    C:\Programme\Actinic v7\Sites\examplesite\examplesubfolder\BVK\pa72_tn.jpg

Is there a chance to get rid of the C: path and instead using the acatalog/....jpg path?

Did you have all images referenced and stored correctly within the site1 folder? If not, get that part sorted first and the rest should be plain sailing.

No image in actinic should have acatalog on its reference as that is the folder in which they all reside anyway. Sounds to me like your store is set up wrong and the upgrade is struggling because of it.

Comment

Thanks but this won't help, is there another solution?

Comment

What do you mean, "won't help"?

Does that translate to "i can't be arsed to do things correctly, i want a 2 minute solution to cover for my mistakes"?

All images in your site1 folder = no problems, anything else and you are just asking for trouble.

Comment

Sorry your solution is wrong.

Comment

Oh Ok cool, i will take a look into it, i have a hell of a lot of stores doing things incorrectly then, back to the drawing board for me. I have a long road ahead of me changing them.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Shut up before posting bullshit like this.

Comment

Admins please remove this whole thread, I don't want to be bothered by a psycho like this.

Comment

You can delete it yourself Einstein, stop breathing for a moment and use that brain cell to try and delete your thread. Make sure you switch back after a minute or so. Your cell will need some oxygen.

Comment

Images referenced in the layout or in products should both be relative not absolute i.e. image.jpg and the images in the installation folder. You can manually change images or open the database and do a find and replace of the file references.
                    Peblaco

Comment

Thank you for the detailed explaination Louise. This is exactly what I was looking for. I am 100% sure it helps others too.

I will recommend it for KB.

Comment

Working...
                      X