Merge request error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bruce,

This has been a strange one. It only happened on one site and it happened when doing an update, refresh & purge and refresh. Tried all the usual advice (compacting databases, deleting .cat, .fil files etc from Site folder and server) but problem persisted.

However I managed to upload the site to 2 other locations on different servers without any problems. So it looks as though something had become corrupted on the server.

Hosting co said there were no problems with other Actinic sites on that server.

Kept getting loads of 'don't have permission to write to cgi-bin' type errors. Tried deleting and recreating the cgi-bin folder but that didn't work.

In the end the hosting company managed to restore the site to how it was a week earlier and things started to work again - I'm currently waiting to hear from them to find out if they managed to re-upload the latest snapshot.

This might be pure coincidence but the last thing I did before the problems started was insert some Shopzilla tracking code into the receipt page. Although when I uploaded the site to the 2 other test locations I included this code and upload worked fine.

Spent nine and a half hours on this on Saturday so I pretty much tried every possible solution I could find in other threads.

Don't know if that helps or not. Will let you know if I get any meaningful feedback from the hosting co.

Cheers

Rob
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Working...
    X