Age Control - Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age Control - Any ideas?

Hi, i'm currently making a website that sells alchohol. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but as far as i'm aware there doesnt seem to be a way to ask the users for a confirmation on thier age.

Does anyone know if there is? or if there is a simple work around?

Cheers
    Chris

Originally posted by Chris Kennedy
    Hi, i'm currently making a website that sells alchohol. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but as far as i'm aware there doesnt seem to be a way to ask the users for a confirmation on thier age.

Does anyone know if there is? or if there is a simple work around?

Cheers
    Chris
    Pop your index page as your 'warning page' with a click now to confirm your age etc. Plaster it all over your T&C etc and you should be good to go.

HTH

Regards
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Only accept credit cards would be a crude method i suppose.

Comment

Also add a message box for them to state their age range (over 18) when ordering.
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I still think after all of the above that you can still be liable for selling under age if you haven't seen proof of age.
          Lee's suggestion of accepting credit cards only would enforce the buying age though I suppose.

Comment

Good sugestions guys, i'll see what i can come up with... i might have a go at having a js file which pops up and knocks out if denied.

I have to use protex Lee.

Thanks!

Comment

You also have to make sure that parcels are not left on doorsteps so that kids can't steal it.

Have a look at tesco wines and see how they do it and then (sorry tesco) copy their approach.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

make the T&C must agree at checkout and clearly state in there about the age - also plaster it on the reciept page as well.

Comment

Youthenasia

Comment

ask them a question about 80s pop, or a classic cartoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X