Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Community, Thank You!

Dear Community,

You don't know it, but you have helped me immensely.

Last night, we launched our v8 site.

It is an upgraded v7(from v6) site and while you are probably not aware of it, I received LOADS of help from this community. I found a solution for nearly every problem I encountered by searching these forums. Further, your generous contributions to the AUG allowed me to customize the site. The advice I have found on the forums has always been spot on, especially - "get a good book on html and css" - this helped a great deal.
    I'm just a car parts salesman at a small company, not a computer guy.

Thank you to David at Advanced Web (advwebsys) and Actinic Support.

Also a special thanks to the frequent contributors in the community (leehack, jont, jsnow, dave_finalyson, wjcampe, normanrouxel, drounding, pinbrook, jan, rural_web, budgetbumps, and many others I am forgetting at the moment). You all played a great part in this endeavor without your knowledge. Thank you for posting what you have learned so that others may benefit from it.

Thanks again,

Kirk

oh...would you like to see the site? Comments are welcome.
    http://www.allzim.com/acatalog/
    Kirk Pruitt
    Zims Autotechnik
    Bedford, Texas

Kirk

Well done you!
    For searching the forums and finding all the wealth of information that is out there and putting it to good use.

It's always nice to get positive feedback on the forum and I'm sure others will agree that it goes a long way to make up for the number of times a "please search the forum" response has to be given for questions that have been asked numerous times before.
    It also proves that doing so, for the most part, can be a far more effective method of getting your answer than posting without searching first

Great post and good luck with your website
    Tracey
    Last edited by TraceyHand; 03-Oct-2007, 04:56 PM. Reason: I made up a word! LOL
    Tracey

Comment

Nice one Kirk, a great story to bring the day to a close.

Comment

Kirk,

Lovely post. I'm sure the website has a bright future!

Good luck!
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I found a solution for nearly every problem I encountered by searching these forums
          Fantastic news Kirk - lets hope others learn by your example and realise that when we say search the forum its for a good reason.

Best of luck and may you be N01

Comment

**Sticky**

Comment

**Sticky**
              It should be pasted on every page of the forum IMO so we can reference it every time Mr/Mrs Lazy posts

Comment

Oh Kirk, how lovely, thank you.

... and you sell porsche bits, perfect, I could start buying mine, piece by piece. (I don't really like porsches but I'd like to be able to say I had one)

Hope you do well with your new site.

Cheers,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

doh! this probably sounds quite sad, but i'm the one that is always telling people to get 'sams teach yourself html/xhtml in 24 hours'.

do i get comission? no.

Comment

Sticky?!? Wow!

I can't wait to post a question and get a "I thought you were the guy who found everything in the forums" reply. lol!

btw...I left gabrielcrowe out of the original post - no slight intended, gabe. You should have no problem collecting that commission (use your avatar when you call them).

Best always,

Kirk
                    Kirk Pruitt
                    Zims Autotechnik
                    Bedford, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk
                      Thank you for posting what you have learned so that others may benefit from it.
                      This is the great spirit of the Actinic community. Soon you will be being thanked for your contributions as your knowledge and experience grows.

Don't worry about Gabe - he is the black sheep of the family

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                      X