• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage integration with Actinic

Hi I am trying to setup actinic and sage. I am using the following :

Actinic version 8,
    Actinic Link for Sage Line 50 (version?),
    Sage Accounts version 12.

Sage has never been linked to actinic, and as such the data in both is different. e.g. there are products in both with matching product codes but only images in actinic not in sage. There are a few products in Actinic that don't have a proper product code, but should match on other fields like the title.

So what i need to know is how to link both programs without deleting the existing data in Actinic. I have been looking over the instructions for Actinic Link and it seems like I need to do something with the Product Reference Translation.

Thanks for any help

Chris

In the Product Reference Translation tab in Actinic Link click the "Do you want to use product reference translation?" box. This then allows you to type in your Actinic product ref against the corresponding SAGE product reference. Depending on the number of products this might be a long job but there is an import translation table function although I have never used it.

Hope this helps.
    Mark Ebrey
    Swimming Pool Test Strips
    Aquarium Test Strips
    Pond Test Strips
    Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Comment

There is about 8000 products so I don't really want to go through them one at a time. The problem is this has never been really maintained, and as I do web development normally I have been given this.

Does anyone know if I can export into SQL and fiddle with the data that might be easier?

Comment

You can export the products from sage into a spreadsheet. You can also get the products out of Actinic into a table. You could then bring both tables back into a new access database and create a query to match up the various fields to create a correlation. For this to work however you require something to be common between the data in Sage and the data in Actinic. You might have to do this through several passes. Write a query to match up product references. Take all the matched ones out. Then do another on the remaining results to match up product descriptions. Take these out and then run another on whats left matching up another field, maybe price might work?? You will without doubt be left with some to do manually but depending on what data is common you might be able to save yourself some work. If there is no comon data you can match up in a query then you have a lot of work to do, either in matching up manually or by importing your data in from Sage and re-populating your catalog. Can't think of any other way around it.
        Mark Ebrey
        Swimming Pool Test Strips
        Aquarium Test Strips
        Pond Test Strips
        Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Comment

Ok now you are talking my language, I think I can do that. Can I then import the data back into actintic as its Sage I can't touch. Then if those miss matched products all have the same product codes future imports and exports should be ok.

Comment

Working...
          X