Stock Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Notification

When utilising the stock monitoring, as an item goes below the lower threshold it marks an item out of stock. Is it possible to generate another stock warning when it hits the first marker i.e. limited or low stock, then the out of stock when it hits the second marker?

there are already 2 "markers"

one for "warn if below" and one for "suspend orders if below"

does this not work for you?
    Tracey

Comment

When the stock level hits the first Low Stock warning, can a message be generated onto the website indicating low stock. When it hits the second marker it generates the out of stock warning.
      Sorry I don't think I explained it properley.

Comment

ok Rob, sorry..I understand you now

you'd need to add some sort of warning message to your product layout..and surround it by a blockif so it only displayed when the "first warning" threshold was reached.
        If the first warning levels are the same across the whole site..then you can set a block if to display the text/code if stocklevel falls below your first tock warning level but above your "out of stock" level

Not sure there'd be such a solution if your first warning level is going to vary from product to product. It'd get complicated with multiple layouts
        Tracey

Comment

Need to speak to my friendly Neighbourhood web designer.... LEE!!

Comment

Stock Level, Suspend Level and Warning Level are all available at product level, so it should be possible. It will probably need a new condition creating (IsStockLimited) and then making sure this integrates properly with the others as there are a lot of conditions in this area, such as the add to cart button being removed when out of stock. Time here is spent ensuring you don't add a condition that introduces a loophole.

Logic is:

IF StockLevel IS GREATER THAN WarningLevel and GREATER THAN SuspendLevel = Do Nothing

IF StockLevel IS GREATER THAN SuspendLevel and LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO WarningLevel = "Limited Stock"

IF StockLevel IS LOWER THAN OR EQUAL TO SuspendLevel = "Out Of Stock"

If you were certain you didn't want to use the actinic offerings, they could be removed from the equation to simplify things. The conditions deciding whether to show the add to cart button or not, do not need touching.

Comment

oh..thats interesting.
              So it would be possible to create a condition that tests if the product stock level reaches the "stock warning given" level and use it that way so that it would apply according to the individual level of each product?

hmmm...you know what I mean... I wasn't sure how to do that
              Tracey

Comment

Yes, absolutely. If you have a go at putting all 3 variables into a product layout, just separate with a '/' and you will get something like 6/3/2 with the numbers agreeing with what is on the stock tab.

Comment

Interesting stuff guys, but will the stock figures only update as you download orders, not in realtime...
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

well presumably it can only change the text (or whatever) on site as the order is downloaded, stock figures are changed and then reuploaded again.
                    The stock level (warning level or any of them) never changes online anyway, does it? (til upload anyway) so it can't change it in real time.

But, if you're managing stock levels anyway (ie downloading AND uploading new stock levels every time), is that a problem really?

I can't see that it's any more of a problem than having to upload the new stock levels (out of stock notices etc) anyway
                    Unless I'm missing something
                    Tracey

Comment

As you say Tracey, this is just adding a bit more info to a product layout, not changing anything functionally. If you are using the Mole thingy, then it will give you as close to 'real time' as you can get with standard actinic. All we are doing is introducing a middle step in between 'in stock' and 'out of stock', aka 'limited stock'. Sounds like QVC doesn't it.

One where you get madly panicced into buying it there and then for fear of it being the last in the world ever. Displaying current stock level as 'Stock In Hand' is almost identical. What i do like with this approach is traffic lights, reg, amber and green for the different statuses etc.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        Sounds like QVC doesn't it.

One where you get madly panicced into buying it there and then for fear of it being the last in the world ever.
                        actually, that's a good plan!!
                        and....now it's been mentioned, I might actually do it on some of my items...trick will be getting it to only display on some and not others without using a different layout..
                        so a new (yes/no or true/false...whichever it is) variable required also, I think

hmmm...a challenge for this evening perhaps
                        Tracey

Comment

Looks like we will be doing it at the same time! Race ya.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                            Looks like we will be doing it at the same time! Race ya.
                            haha..not a chance!
                            I'd fall at the first hurdle!
                            Tracey

Comment

1/9 Leeski
                              PYO Tracey

7/2 Bar

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X