Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

banners and links

Hi,

I had a look through the support pages and forum and couldnt find anythign related so hence the new thread, well here goes.

Ive got a load of script to act as a banner for a webring and i want to insert it onto a page ive got acting as my links page. so far ive got a page called links and have used fragments for the text and url for each link.

Problem is when i try to paste the script into an empty fragment or just onto the page itself (using the design tab) it appears in every fragment rather than just the empty one i want it in.

I wondered if anyone can help tell me where/how i should add the script. the script is as following.

<script language=javascript type="text/javascript" src="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=j;y=gurugamer;u=defurl"> </script> <center>Powered by <a href="http://dir.webring.com/rw" target=_top>WebRing</a>.</center> <!--optional--> <noscript><center><table bgcolor=gray cellspacing=0 border=2><tr> <td><table cellpadding=2 cellspacing=0 border=0><tr><td align=center> <font face=arial size=-1>This site is a member of WebRing. <br>To browse visit <a href="http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=l;y=gurugamer;u=defurl"> Here</a>.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table> </center></noscript>

Any help greatly appreciated,

Thx
    www.guru-games.co.uk Your local roleplay shop Online.

You need to be working on the content tab and directly in a fragment, not on the design tab or in the design library. If it appears everywhere it is because you are putting it in the wrong place and misunderstanding how fragments work. Have a read of the brochure page and fragment tutorial on my site, should explain how things work, it will show you how to embed html also.

Comment

You could put code into that layout. Or a quicker way would be put the code into a text field: !!< code >!!

(Is that right Lee ).
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
        (Is that right Lee )
        Given our previous performance on that issue, who knows lol

Comment

LOL i concur, that is correct, but we could be wrong.
          Have you noticed how actinic does it differently though, never quite understood that myself.

Comment

Try bolding something in a description field and note how it opens and closes each part, rather than just opens at the start and closes at the end. Without being cynical, it's typical actinic code, why do it in 10 when you can use 20.

Comment

Ah yes that, I guess it's assuming that although you are putting html tags around the page content, the content in the middle may not be required as html. Which I guess won't happen that often.
              Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                Ah yes that, I guess it's assuming that although you are putting html tags around the page content, the content in the middle may not be required as html. Which I guess won't happen that often.
                Is it not safe to say that anything in between a tag, that opens and closes, is html though?

Comment

Should be unless you are writing a HTML tag to be shown and not rendered such as: !!<<b>>!!To use bold add <b> and </b>!!<</b>>!!
                  Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                  X