Resetting duplicates with custom variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting duplicates with custom variables

I searched for ages before posting this and didn't find previous references to it so I apologise if it has been mentioned before.

Following something I mentioned in Party Pete's post this morning, I wandered if anyone else has come across this problem or whether it's just me.

I have a custom variable set, at product level, as a true or false value to dictate whether a "NEW" icon is displayed in the layout.

I have it set as NOT modifiable in the duplicates.

I'm gradually going through the site, product by product, changing the majority of my layouts to one "global" layout and changing the "new" variable to "true" where required.

Even though the duplicates can't be modified (and are greyed out), I'm finding they aren't automatically changing with the original (which they should) Jonathan did mention that HERE in point 2.

However, I have a further problem. If I attempt to use the "reset" button from the duplicate, it crashes Actinic a lot of the time...depending on what tab I have "open" in the product. It does it consistently if I have the layout tab open..and the properties tab (my variable isn't located in that tab) but is fine from the general tab, the stock tab (where my variable is located) and the extended info, to name a few.

Anyone else had this?
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

The crashing on clicking reset is a known issue and will be fixed with 8.5.2, you will however find that on reopening actinic after the crash, the duplicates would have reset to the original.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

ok, thanks Bruce
      I wasn't aware it was already a known bug.
      Cheers
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X