Enter store link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter store link

I want my home page as just a welcome page, and then I want a clickable 'Enter Store' link that will take you to the main page where all the sections are. Have no idea how to do this. Any help?

You can add fragments use one of the fragment link tabs to create an enter store link, either as a text link or use an image as a button.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise. You're probably my most favourite Actinic expert.

I have created fragments on my home page. I've got a fragment that I have named 'Enter Store' (which just has 'Enter Store' in large type - it's not clickable). That is what I wrote in the 'Link text' part on the Links tab, but what is the url? Is that something that will have to wait until I'm online? I mean, I don't have an url yet, do I? I want to link to 'Online catalogue'.

I know I probably sound really daft, but I'm only a learner.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmind
        Hi Louise. You're probably my most favourite Actinic expert.
        Bloody hell Bradley if you are going to compliment Louise do it properly, 'probably' FFS, that's like saying you're 'quite' pretty or did the 'probably' hinge on whether she helped you further lol? You are not selling Carlsberg.

If you are using one of the standard themes then you might see a link already on the site called 'shop top', that is the same place as where you want your enter store link to take you. All store top pages on actinic sites (unless you change the name) are available at:

Code:
        http://www.bradleyloveslouise.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
        When you fill in the link tab you realise you have to add [LINK] into the description field right? The text you are seeing is the fragment title, not the fragment text. You might want to select a different layout for your fragment so the title doesn't show.

Good luck.

Comment

psml
          it's just one of those day when that is really REALLY funny... I actually had to calm down from laughing to even type a reply!

I think the "probably" was an attempt to not alienate other Actinix experts! (I was tempted to put that in quotes too but that would seem like I didn't think you were experts LOL)
          Maybe he thought no one else would help if he picked an overall definitive favourite LOL

oh dear..it's going to be one of those days!
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            or did the 'probably' hinge on whether she helped you further lol?
            I think you're on the right lines here. It kinda says; I really appreciate your help and with continued assistance I may drop the 'probably', which would elevate you to Brad's favourite expert, which I'm quite sure represents an enormous carrot, or perhaps not.

Ok, I've got a 'Store top' button in my nav bar now, and it works. Now I just have to link to that.

Let's see...

Comment

No. No idea what I'm doing now.

Comment

Informative. Where have you got upto?.
                Peblaco

Comment

It kinda says; I really appreciate your help and with continued assistance I may drop the 'probably', which would elevate you to Brad's favourite expert,
                  wow...what more incentive do you need, Louise?

LOL
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                    Informative. Where have you got upto?.
                    I'm up to the bit where I dock you valuable expert points for unnecessary sarcasm.

What do I put in the 'Url' bit on the links tab of the 'enter store' fragment?

Comment

Bradley, you're "probably" lucky it's Louise who's helping you out here because I can almost guarantee that most of the other experts on here would be ditching you at this point!

Just FTR!
                      Tracey

Comment

I'm up to the bit where I dock you valuable expert points for unnecessary sarcasm.

What do I put in the 'Url' bit on the links tab of the 'enter store' fragment?
                        Although the URL i gave you is fictitious, just replace the domain name with your real one, that is all you need do.

Comment

Oookaay, so like I said, I need to be online before I can do that.

Comment

well, you need to be online/uploaded before it'll work, yes
                            but where exactly are you expecting it to take you before it's online anyway?
                            Tracey

Comment

Oookaay, so like I said, I need to be online before I can do that.
                              Err no, you can type in the url whether you are on the moon or sitting on the sea bed 40,000 leagues under. Your website doesn't need to be live to give you the ability to type. All that will happen is it won't work until you are online, however if the site never goes online, wtf is it being built for.

I am either confused or you are having a wind up, either way it's been fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X