Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Shipping for a client collecting goods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping for a client collecting goods?

Hi guys

A furniture site I've worked on has specific shipping charges for each piece of furniture (included as the shipping supplement for each product with 'exclude from shipping band calculation' ticked for each product also).

However, on many occasions, the client may come personally to collect from the warehouse and thus shipping would be zero.

Could anyone point me to a solution so that the client would choose an option say "I will collect the goods myself" and this will make the shipping supplement zero in the checkout?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Kind Regards

John

How did miss the forum directly above this one?

If you are adding supplements on each one then i can see no way of you doing this as you are saying to actinic put this amount on, but then asking for it not to if this is the situation. I'd suggest you move to shipping by weight, what you are doing with that method is a real nightmare and completely inflexible. You can almost certainly still do what you are doing by using weights, but with no further knowledge on how you are doing it, i couldn't say for sure.

Comment

Was just wondering if we created shipping price bands, i.e...

up to £100 - £A
      £101 up to £200 - £B
      £201 up to £300 - £C
      etc, etc

...there is a way in which the visitor to the site can choose an option to say they are collecting the goods and thus no carriage will be applied to the order?

So, if they don't choose an option that they are collecting the order, they will be charged as per the total order value and the shipping price band in question.

If they do state that they will be collecting, £0 will be added to the shipping.

Any ideas anyone?

Kind Regards

John

Comment

Just add a 'Collect From Store' class to the shipping and make sure there is no charge applied to it.

Comment

Thanks Lee - I'll do just that.

I guess if there is a particularly heavy item that needs a special shipping cost then 'exclude from shipping band calculation' could be chosen for that product and a specific shipping supplement added.

So, if a visitor chooses say 8 items to be ordered from the site (one of which is excluded from the shipping band calculation), then Actinic would total the seven items value and pick the appropriate shipping band charge (say £75.00 for the band for total order value £801.00 - £900.00) and then would add the one off shipping supplement for the other item that is excluded from the shipping band calculation.

Hope I've got this right!

Comment

Working...
          X