Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Button & Transfer to Protx VSP Not Working

Hi,

I have a couple of issues regarding the shopping cart and checkout pages.

On my shopping cart page the "Continue shopping" & "Checkout Now" buttons work fine howerver the "Update" & "Save" buttons produce General Script Errors as shown below:

http://www.equip2cater.co.uk/cgi-bin...CTION=SHOWCART

Error: There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!

Also when I try completing an order the process works fine all the way until you click "next" to go the Protx VSP to enter the card details - it brings up the PSP bounce page saying you will be transferred but it stops on that page and does not redirect - I have followed Bruces guide to change the Protx URL's and so am wondering if perhaps something I have changed here has caused the Protx URL not to work?

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing either of these issues.

Kind Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

I am getting them work fine, from which page are you using them?.
    I have been going on the homepage, choosing a product and clicking "Buy Now" then if i go to the shopping basket and click on either "update" or "save" (e.g. to either update to remove or to update to add discount code) then i get the general script error occuring that I mentioned above.

Make sure the PSP bounce page template has the Actinic onload code in the <body> tag like:
    Thanks for this I will check this at lunch to see if it works.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Kind Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Comment

The body tag needs onload code. I didn't get the script error.
      Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

From the sounds of things it sounds like you found your way to the current site (my first site and hence the layout issues) - I had some links which were hardcoded and so directed from the new site (currently on www.equip2cater.co.uk whilst testing and will be switching the url back when complete) to the old site (on www.designtoplease.co.uk) - I am currently uploading an amended in version of the site which should stop this from happening and enable navigation to continue through the new site.

It is on the shopping basket on equip2cater.co.uk where the issue is occuring with regards to the "update" and "save" buttons.

Appologies for the confusion.

Kind Regards
        Jon
        www.designtoplease.co.uk
        www.getmeoutofahole.com
        www.toys4james.co.uk
        Located in Herts

Comment

Hi,

I managed to get the "update button" working by chaning the code from "<input name="ACTION" type="submit" value="Update"/>" to "<input name="ACTION" type="submit" value="Update"/>".

Regarding the transfer to PSP issue:

Make sure the PSP bounce page template has the Actinic onload code in the <body> tag like:
          The Actinic onload code is correct in the <body> tag. I am wondering if the reason it does not go to the Protx payment page because the request is going from a url that is not registered with Protx as the moment (because this is a site redesign the new site on is a different url to the one the live site is run from - eg currenlty www.equip2cater but will be going back on www.designtoplease.co.uk when it is finished). Does anyone know if this would cause this issue).

Kind Regards
          Jon
          www.designtoplease.co.uk
          www.getmeoutofahole.com
          www.toys4james.co.uk
          Located in Herts

Comment

Hi

I'm having a similar problem transfering to Protx but want to check my PSP Bounce template. Where will I find it?

Comment

Just realised this thread is on V8 - I'm using V7

Comment

See post here.
                Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise

I'm a really numpty at times ! LOL

Nice name by the way !

Comment

Hi after having spoken to Protx their workaround for the issue of the page not redirecting was to edit the pspboungepage html so that the "next" button which shows in test mode also shows in production mode (they said that in some cases the redirect javascript may not be included in the actinic templates - It may be i have accidentally delted this so if anyone knows where and what the code is it would be a great help).

Anyway now I have the next button on the page when you click it it goes through to Prtox but comes up with an error:

"3032 : The Amount format is invalid."

According to protx this error occurs because the amount field being sent through to the protx VSP is in the wrong format eg it includes seperators or more than two decimal places.

I have had a look in the forum and found this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...mat+is+invalid. which mentions that actinic only sends the value with a maximum of two decimal places unless the script has been customised.

I have only amended the scripts to change to the new Protx urls as shown in bruce's sticky post and so cannot see that this would cause the issue. The only other thing i can think of which is no different in this site to the current live one is that now inlcude tax at 17.5% whereas before this was not added on. Has anyone had any simialr issues or know how to resolve this?

Regards
                    Jon
                    www.designtoplease.co.uk
                    www.getmeoutofahole.com
                    www.toys4james.co.uk
                    Located in Herts

Comment

I found the reason as to why the psp bounce page was not automatically redirecting. When amending the Outer layout of the psp bounce page i must have deleted the redirect script.

If it is useful to anyone else the script i was missing was the following which goes just before the closing </head> tag in the outer layout of the PSP bounce page:

Code:
                      <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27PSP%20Bounce%20Page%27%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPSPTestMode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" >
                              <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
                              <!--
                              function onLoad()
                              {
                              document.formOCC.submit();
                              }
                              // -->
                              </script>
                          </actinic:block>
                      Regards
                      Jon
                      www.designtoplease.co.uk
                      www.getmeoutofahole.com
                      www.toys4james.co.uk
                      Located in Herts

Comment

I had the same problem, i tried everyones suggestions, turned out to be another java script running and stopping the bounce.

Comment

Working...
                        X