V8 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Speed

I have read with concern postings these forums about speed issues in v8 . Do these problems relate solely to the times uploading to the web server and for local alterations, or do they also affect the speed at which v8 works on the Internet? I would hope and expect that the operation on the internet is not any different to v7.

I have just bought an upgrade for v7 single user to v8 multi user, multi site and am worried!

I am told by Actinic that v8.5.2 comes out next week and the comments in these forums suggest Actinic are looking at speed issues and I would hope there is an improvement in the speed situation.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Chris

I would hope and expect that the operation on the internet is not any different to v7.
    IMO it is far better than V7

Comment

The speed issues are local not server based. V8 has a lot of additional code going on such as also bought / like, new arrivals and best sellers etc ... these take additional time to compare, compile and update.

This can be a little frustrating but is more than compensated for the value of the additions.. in terms of functionality and in product upselling.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.

After reading the comments about v8 speed I was very concerned I had made a terrible mistake. I can rest easier now.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

It can be a pain (particularly at upload) but it is worth it as v8 is far far superior to v7 in terms of the local design and features and the extra money you will make from the additional sales .. you can then pay someone else to sit and watch the progress indicator

Bikster

Comment

concerned I had made a terrible mistake
            No dont worry - you will always see the peple having problems on the forum but the vast majority of V8 sites work well. I have many and non have speed issues other than those explained by jont.

Comment

Thanks once again for your reassurances. I was on the forum in the early hours looking for a password and thought oh dear, not only can I not get into the program, I am not sure I want to! Some of those writing seemed quite jaundiced about the product and I was concerned.

I am pleased over your comments and again thank you, you have made me feel comfortable about the purchase.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismarworth
                Some of those writing seemed quite jaundiced about the product and I was concerned.
                I think it is easy to forget that a large proportion of the posts and questions on this forum are about problems, issues or challenges with the software.
                This can often skew the perception of the observer that the product itself is only full of challenges or problems.

If all of the hundreds of thousands of happy Actinic users posted their positive feedback here then your type of concern would at least be off-set in a more balanced way.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                  If all of the hundreds of thousands of happy Actinic users posted their positive feedback here then your type of concern would at least be off-set in a more balanced way.
                  I did that once and was hounded (by George) for being a paid mole on the Actinic pay list

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                    I did that once and was hounded (by George) for being a paid mole on the Actinic pay list
                    he's a grump at times, isn't he?
                    Tracey

Comment

Working...
                    X