Sage to Actinic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage to Actinic help

We have just installed a new PC and all went well.

But - In Sage products you have to tick the "Publish to Web" checkbox for an item to be transfered to Actinic. I have some items that aren't ticked and I don't want on Actinic, but when I process Sage to Actinic Link it transfered these unticked items aswell which means I have to manually delete them from Actinic or they will show on the web site.

I have set up Actinic Link the same as before.

Does any one have any idea how to stop this?

I have v8 and Line 50 FC 2007.

Thank
    Tristam

http://www.thepenzone.co.uk

My understanding of this, and I don't claim to be an expert, is that the publish to web allows the export of the data in the fields in the web tab only. It is not an option which allows you to choose which products get exported and which don't. I have a simialr problem in that when I export from Sage to Actinic, via the Actinic Link software I also export products which I don't want to sell on my site. All I have done is created a new section in Actinic, dragged all the products I don't want in the online catalogue to this section and then ticked the Hide on Website box in Actinic. This means that although the products are exported into Actinic they are not visible to customers.
    Mark Ebrey
    Swimming Pool Test Strips
    Aquarium Test Strips
    Pond Test Strips
    Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Comment

Good to see that I am not the only one with this problem. I guess this is one easy way around it though but not the perfect solution.

This has only been happening since I changed my PC at the weekend but i have kept all the setting the same.

Tristam

http://www.thepenzone.co.uk/

Comment

Just had another thought on this one. Go through the Actinic Link process. Then when you launch Actinic itself and go file, import sage line 50 data just as you would to import the full product range. You will see at the bottom of the dialogue box there are two tick boxes to either replace or update your existing data. To import the full catalogue you choose replace. However if you choose update then maybe the import will just update the products already in Actinic and ignore the ones which aren't. Don't actually know if this will have the desired effect as I haven't tried it in this context yet but its worth a try. If this works you will either have to import a full catalogue and then delete the product you don't want to be present or have to set up each product in Actinic so that the import routine can match up with what comes from Sage when you go through the import routine.
        Mark Ebrey
        Swimming Pool Test Strips
        Aquarium Test Strips
        Pond Test Strips
        Home Allergy Testing. Diagnose your allergy symptoms

Comment

Working...
        X