Pre Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Orders

whats the best way to offer a choice of delivery dates?

I have the situation where we want peeps to be able to pre-order food hampers for xmas.

Some items have a shortish life so to get a hamper with products with sell by dates post xmas the orders woud have to be placed within a week or so of the 25th - which isn't ideal

thus we want to get pre orders where people can then specify a delivery window

Keep it simple, attributes and choices.
    You could also change the prompt box to be a drop down box and let them choose.

Comment

Instead of `sizes` offer `delivered on week ending` choices.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I'm sure there was an example of dates as a user defined thingy in the v7 demo store - bunch of flowers. Date info question.

Comment

There's an item in the AUG Page 105: Creating a 'When To Deliver' Drop Down List which might be what you're looking for.
          Brian
          www.flowergallery.co.uk
          Same day flower delivery to UK
          Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
          International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

It could be that you would like your customers to tell you how quickly they would like their products delivered to them – whether they want the items as soon as possible, or whether they don't want them for one week, two weeks etc.

To do this, you can change the 'Shipping User Definable' text field in the checkout to a drop-down list. This is done as follows:
            Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and expand the 'Checkout Prompts' group. Towards the bottom you will find 'Shipping User Definable Prompt'.
            Double click on this layout to open it for editing.
            Replace
            <input type="text" name="SHIPUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="ShipUserDefined"/>" />
            with something like...
            <select name="SHIPUSERDEFINED">
            <option value="ASAP" selected>ASAP</option>
            <option value="1 week">1 week</option>
            <option value="2 weeks">2 weeks</option>
            <option value="3 weeks">3 weeks</option>
            </select>
            You will also need to go to 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Shipping and Tax' and change the 'Shipping User Definable Prompt' to something appropriate.
            this is 105 of the AUG (Thanks Brian) - just pondering if you can apply this to some products only ie can you attach it to a product layout? my gut feeling is if you are using shipping variables then it has to be sitewide

or will i just have to use components on products?

Comment

Jo, I think you're probably right about that solution being site-wide.
              You could always use the 'Date Info' prompt at product level (we use that for flower deliveries), although it only lets the customer specify one date rather than a range.
              Brian
              www.flowergallery.co.uk
              Same day flower delivery to UK
              Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
              International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

how about this: http://calendar.swazz.org/

or that: http://codethat.com/calendar/calendar_examples.html

Comment

Ok i'm revisiting this as my client now says they are happy to apply this site wide

Thus i know have 2 questions

1 will the delivery date show on the packing list? they plan to administer this by printing off the packing lists and having a series of dated boxes, thus they just drop the packing list intothe box for the date, when the packing date arrives- there's the pile of packing lists

2 can i include the drop down code

<select name="SHIPUSERDEFINED">
                  <option value="ASAP" selected>ASAP</option>
                  <option value="1 week">week beginning 16 Nov 07</option>
                  <option value="2 weeks">week beginning 23 Nov 07</option>
                  <option value="3 weeks">week beginning 30 Nov 07</option>
                  </select>
                  in an includefile as the cient has business client and can not edit the layout, i'd prefer they changed thedates on a regular basis

Comment

Actually for Q2 i'm goingto try the include php command

!!<
                    <actinic:block php="true">
                    include('http://www.domain.co.uk/acatalog/shippingdates.txt');

</actinic:block>
                    >!!

Comment

Is there a set formula for the dates, could you have a set script doing the calcs and filling in the dates automatically?

Comment

Ok i've answered my own Qs

Q1 yes the requested shipping date does show on the packing list

Q2 yes the include works fine in the checkout

Lee - your suggestion may work - but i don't write scripts, especially those that require me to think logically!

Comment

health warning

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...866#post204866

Comment

Working...
                          X