• Time
  • Show
Clear All

External linking to database

Why is it not possible to external link to an Actinic database
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Why do you say you can't external link to it?

Comment

You can, so long as it isn't called catalog.exe - I don't know why that rule is there but I would guess that it is to stop you linking back into the same database and getting into a horrible muddle.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I want have a few sites that access the same products and all I want to do is change one site and link to the database in that site folder so as to save having to copy and rename the database and linking to that one which I currently do.

I tried linking tables from one actinic database to another but noted that changes made in the master database didn't reflect in the linked site.
        Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

You have to link to the renamed database from all of your sites, so that would include the site you are linking to - I used to sell a product that did this so I know that it works.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
            You have to link to the renamed database from all of your sites, so that would include the site you are linking to - I used to sell a product that did this so I know that it works.

Regards,
            Hi Jan and others,

am I right in thinking then that the following scenario is possible....

3 shops:

site1.com
            site2.co.uk
            site3.net

all sites have ALL products
            all sites have DIFFERENT layout

if site 1 is the main database:
            rename the database to 'sharedsite'
            site1, site2 and site3 then link to it (or at least to the relevant product info tables) and use its stock levels and product info
            any orders in all sites will effect stock levels in 'sharedsite' database and thus site1, site2 and site3 as well....

I guess i need actinic multi site software, 3 site licences from actinic and a multiple licence for my (wondeful) mole-end auto download plugin?

correct me if i'm wrong!
            Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
            www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

tumbleweed....

OK, ive just ordered my V6 business to V8 business multisite upgrade....

looks like Im gonna have a fun December eh? Will keep the V6 running for now though, as to implement a change at this time of year would be madness!

Anyhow, I will keep you informed of how my linked sites and linked product lists go in the coming months, with examples and code if i have time.
              Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
              www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                I used to sell a product that did this so I know that it works.
                Jan do you not sell this anymore, i know i looked into it and it worked well and that was sometime ago, but i never used it in the end because i started to use sage so i export the stocks from that.

Maybe a little more work for 3 sites but it works well, just wish i could decide which site to upload in actinic without having to switch between sites to do uploads

D

Comment

Working...
                X