Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Codes not calculating discount at view cart stage

hello everyone,

I've been using coupon codes successfully for over a year now and had no problems, however, on checking a code this morning I realised that when you enter the code at the shopping cart page it doesn't update the prices like it used to!! I've not changed any designs, layouts or settings in the codes however none of the old codes now update the prices at this stage. You have to go to the next 2 pages then click on back to see the discount!! it's very bizarre and is worrying as the customers won't think they are getting any discount so will not be inclined to proceed through the checkout. I've searched the forum for anything to help but can't see an answer.

It's hard to know what to do when I haven’t changed anything lately!

Any advice would be very appreciated, I have a campaign that's just gone out to a big company offering their members a 15% discount and now I’m worried that it's going pear shaped! You can try the code STAFF25 at www.simplyfair.co.uk to see what I mean.

Thanks in advance
    Lesley

Seems to work fine for me...
    Added to the cart, typed in the code, and update. Staff -£x.xx was shown

Paul
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

strange..it didn't work for me

on FF2 or IE7

no suggestions, sorry..just wanted to let you know it didn't work here

editted to add...the info about the axa discount doesn't display correctly in FF2. Might be worth downloading it yourself, if you don't have it, and just checking it out
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Lesley, I'm not sure if I can help but when I tested it for you it asked me for an offer code at the time of adding the product to my cart and then during checkout - this confused me ... had I done it wrong the first time? Why did I need to do it again?? Also I got as far as your protox click through and it didn't display the discount at all even though I has keyed it twice by then. I would assume it wasn't working and would not order.

I think I remember we had something similar happen to us in the early days and I think it had to do with how your site treats tax and how you set up the code to see tax. We always have including default tax. Not sure if this will help or not but I would suggest you need to try and sort it out otherwise I think you will lose orders, sorry. Donna

EDIT: If you need to click update to make your coupon work this is not clear ... personally I'd just have it during the checkout but that is just MO!
        Last edited by Donna Kempster; 26-Oct-2007, 10:07 AM. Reason: just read other posts:
        Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

yes..I entered it at "add to cart" and checkout and it still didn't calculate it.

Also.. the checkout buttons overlap the form in FF..there's no way to cancel from order page 2 because the "cancel" button sits over the "reasons for buying" prompt box!
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
            strange..it didn't work for me

editted to add...the info about the axa discount doesn't display correctly in FF2. Might be worth downloading it yourself, if you don't have it, and just checking it out
            Thanks everyone - I changed the settings to see if adding the coupon code at Add to cart stage would help but obvioulsy not. This is really odd as it was all working last week!

Tracey - your comments in the quote above - how did you know we had an axa code? or is axa discount referring to something else?

I don't use FF but it seems as though there are some design/view issues that my better half needs to have a look at for me.

thanks for all your comments and i'll just keep investigating at this end.
            cheers
            Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by LesleyN
              Tracey - your comments in the quote above - how did you know we had an axa code? or is axa discount referring to something else?
              I mean the way it displays on the pages..(see attached)
              It's not at all right compared to how it looks in IE
              Attached Files
              Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey. I've just downloaded FireFox and looked at the site through it and OMG! I didn't know it would be like that. And i can't understand why the AXA message is displaying on the gifts and hampers section - yes there is a discount code for them but why should the whole world see that!

I'm becoming more confused and if it wasn't so early i'd be in the fridge for the wine!

I think i'll go back to basics and take off all codes then add them again and see if they work this time around.

cheers
                Lesley

Comment

Thanks Tracey. I've just downloaded FireFox and looked at the site through it and OMG! I didn't know it would be like that. And i can't understand why the AXA message is displaying on the gifts and hampers section - yes there is a discount code for them but why should the whole world see that!
                  Well, that particular text is visible there in IE too only it's displaying properly.

I'm becoming more confused and if it wasn't so early i'd be in the fridge for the wine!
                  oh, it's never too early
                  Tracey

Comment

Ah ha!! the text was displaying as I inadvertently ticked a box which said show discount description with products (thinking it meant show discount value with products) when I was trying to get these codes to work – I’ve changed it back so ok for that now.
                    But still have other problems. I’ll let you all know if I ever sort it out and what I did wrong in the first place to make this happen!
                    Cheers
                    Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by Donna Kempster

I think I remember we had something similar happen to us in the early days and I think it had to do with how your site treats tax and how you set up the code to see tax. We always have including default tax.
                      Hi guys - thank you for all your advice - i've finally sorted it out. After doing all sorts of things i went back to a code that was working and realised it was the tax setting. We'd always set the codes up to show including actual tax but it seems that since we turned tax on (when our VAT no. came through) we should have changed it to be 'excluding actual tax' as when we have changed the codes to that it now displays properly on the first checkout page.

So mini crisi over and now I'm off to the fridge!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X