X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error.err file in overdrive!!

HI Folks

Me again! my V8 nightmare continues...

I have just noticed the error.err file on my site has grown to over 10mb recently, there are hundreds of entries daily now, all of which are like these 2 here or very similar;

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 507 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.33 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/10/26 15:51, Internal Errors = Mallformed XML cart template (missing AlsoBoughtLine)

and this one

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 507 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.33 , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2007/10/26 15:51, Internal Errors = Mallformed XML cart template (missing RelatedProductLine)

Im not using the Also bought feature or the Related products

Does anyone know how to fix this? im having such a terrible time with V8!!

i wonder whats the possibility of downgrading to V7, anyone done that?

thanks guys

Barry

The mesages regarding Mallformed XML cart can be ignored. I understand these messages may being removed in the next (v852) maintenance release.

Comment

Just looked at your site and its a while since Ive seen such a blatant attempt to spam the SEs with hidden links.

I would revert your site to standard V8 and start again

Comment

OMG - are you kidding me?

I don't know about the hidden ones Mal, i can see 3,000 odd staring at me.

How on earth did you ever get things so wrong.

Comment

i blame the free thinking 70s and the russians.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
            russians
            Processed meat stuffed into pigs intestines had nothing to do with this! Leave the innocent alone!
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

funny has this not been covered somewhere before

hey nothing wrong with the 70's, well so i have been told as i obviously was not there

Comment

thanks for the reply Drounding, ill try not to worry about that then, although my error.err file is now over 10mb!! and growing quickly

and as for hidden links, there isnt any at all, anywhere. i presume you're referring to the front page, i can see why you said that though, i must make it more clear that they are not hidden. A few years ago when we only had a few hundred sections it was a good idea and gave people a way to jump to any page right away (plus keywords i know, i know) but then we grew, a lot, so last year we removed them all and we plumeted big time, it was a wipe out until we put them back and our traffic came back

so, it grew organically like that, they are not hidden, and we were punished for removing them, rewarded for putting them back, what to do eh?

what would you do?

surely its not THAT wrong is it Lee? i know a lot of people use it, we all use it, no one is trying to trick anyone

and Rualweb when you say we should "revert to a standard V8 and start again" could you expand on that please?, are you suggesting that because of all the other problems we are having? (we have tons!) dont quite get you

and has anyone ever downgraded to V7? I dream of V7

thanks for the frank comments guys, gold dust x

Comment

although my error.err file is now over 10mb!! and growing quickly
                  delete it and recreate it, set yourself a reminder to do this regularly until its fixed - hopefully 8.5.2.

i wonder whats the possibility of downgrading to V7, anyone done that?
                  daft idea, v7 will not be supported soon, best thing is to struggle on and lick v8 into shape

Comment

are you suggesting that because of all the other problems we are having
                    Yes - with all your errors it would be easier to start again with a clean site

Comment

Working...
                    X