Help with 'Terms'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 'Terms'

Under 'delivery schedule' I want to express the following concept in a clear and concise manner. Any help?

Most of what we sell (around 75%) is available immediately and we can get it to the customers within 3 working days. But not everthing; if it's in anyway unusual, or if it's something we have to manufacture to order, it's gonna take longer. I intend to mark such products with a 'Please allow X working days for delivery of this item' kind of thing along with the product description.

I also want to say that if the order is a mixture of ready to go stuff, and some item that will take longer, we will dispatch the ready-to-go stuff right away, and the rest will follow later.

I tried to spell this out but I'm not sure I'm happy with it;

For most items please allow 3 working days for your order to reach you. Some items may take longer. Where applicable, notification of this and the estimated delivery times are found with the individal product description. If an order is only part ready for shipment, we will send those items that are available for immediate dispatch and any remaining items will arrive in a second shipment.

Any input?

For most items please allow 3 working days for delivery. Some items may take longer, where applicable notification of this and the estimated delivery times will be found within the individal product descriptions. If an order is only part ready for shipment, we will send the available items out immediately and any remaining items will arrive in a second shipment.

Comment

Yes. What you've done at the end is simpler and much better. Thanks. Not sure I should exchange the full stop for a comma after 'longer' though. It would be grammatically erroneous.

Comment

For most items please allow 3 working days for delivery, some items may take longer. Where applicable, notification of the estimated delivery times will be found within the individal product descriptions. If an order is only part ready for shipment, we will send the available items out immediately and any remaining items will arrive in a second shipment.

Comment

Could you also correct the spelling mistake for me?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            For most items please allow 3 working days for delivery, some items may take longer. Where applicable, notification of the estimated delivery times will be found within the individal product descriptions. If an order is only part ready for shipment, we will send the available items out immediately and any remaining items will arrive in a second shipment.

Der aint nun.
            Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

Comment

He likes to play games Bob with his new identity, just play along.

Comment

Going completely off-topic, i love your avatar Bob, although since we are all indoors i think you ought to put the ciggie out.

In our new shopping centre in exeter you aren't even allowed to smoke outside on the pavement cafes

Comment

Looks like a joint to me, is that still banned?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    In our new shopping centre in exeter you aren't even allowed to smoke outside on the pavement cafes
                    What's the rationale behind that?

You can't smoke in the multi-storey car park of our local shopping centre because it's 60% enclosed apparently. It is ok however to drive cars around in there, the smoke from the odd cigarette being considerably more dangerous than the exhaust fumes from hundreds of cars.

Comment

can you smoke in your car in the multi storey?

I think Exeter is become the new 1984 where your life is controlled, as we also have a smoking ban in our Parks.

Comment

Glasgow Council apparently considered prosecuting Keith Richards for lighting up on stage at Hampden Park!!!!
                        Brian
                        www.flowergallery.co.uk
                        Same day flower delivery to UK
                        Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                        International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                          can you smoke in your car in the multi storey?
                          No, but you can sit there with the car ticking over as long as you like.

Comment

Originally Posted by leehack

Originally posted by valley decor
                            Der aint nun.
                            Individal ??

Must be the dodgy ciggy.
                            Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
                            X