X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Database

Hi

If You Are Running A multi site ,

1- How can you have one database , so if you change a price or description in a product ( as you sale x-reference items ) the database all the sites are changed automatically ?
    2-Be able to get the Stock up to date ( as you sale x-reference items )
    3-Be able to import to QuickBooks Pro From the Single Database?

Consider I have A Product which I sale @ site 1 ,3,5, and 9 . If I am changing the price , I have to go to each site and change the price manually. I have to import from each site to my account package.

Surely their must be an easier way ?

Thank for any help

Read up on External Linking in the built in Actinic Help | Help Topics. Then think outside the box to adapt to your own needs.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

As Bill said, use External linking to link the product details but I think you will still have to export from each site into Quick Books.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

External Links 'would' be the perfect option for you and me both...

Except it slows things down so much it makes Actinic unusable.

We now have Excel spreadsheets set up to pull data from our central data source (SQL DB) that get saved as CSVs for import into actinic. That way any price, description, stock updates get done once then you just need to open the spreadsheet, let it update itself with the external data, save as CSV, import into Actinic then upload the website. Works out a LOT faster than using Actinic's ropey External Linking feature...

<edit>

But you'll still have to import from each site into the accounts package...

Comment

Originally posted by dallen
          Except it slows things down so much it makes Actinic unusable.
          That old chesnut, i find it funny that so people have real issues and other not, not sure anyone ever got to the bottom of it completely but i also belive the updats and new versions are suppose to help (suppose)

Jans tools are great for doing this, i did trial it but i use sage for accounts and use the stock control and just update each site. That saying i have never managed to get the full link to work properly, no descriptions, prices, images e.t.c then again probably the way i was doing it. Could revist it sometime.

D

Comment

Working...
          X