Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncation error

Hello there,

I recently installed QB POS Link and uploaded the information pulled from the POS system, but found a 'data truncated' error when I tried to fire up Actinic v8.

Brian J. from Sure Solutions suggested checking the Product Reference table for illegal characters or strings that were longer than 20 characters (Many thanks!). After sifting through the Product table and making sure there were no illegal characters and that the lengths were within specs, I fired up Actinic again hoping it would run with no trouble. Unfortunately, it didn't quite make it.

At this point, I'm not sure what to try or where to look to locate the problem.

Any help or other suggestions would be more than appreciated.

best regards,

Chris S.

P.S. please feel free to post here or email through the site

If you are getting a data truncated you have a field somewhere that is too long, try running our spellchecker program on your database (there is a free trial, so this will not cost you money), it will find fields that are too long and let you know where they are. You can find the free trial at this URL, if for some reason you have already used your free trial, email the Mole End support desk and we will send you a new trial license.

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

This might help but if it doesn't email into Actinic support and they will be able to easily work out where your problem is.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

sections.cpp

Jan,

Thanks much for posting back with info on your program.

I fired up your software and got an error with Sections.cpp

Does that point to the possibility that a section name is too long? Are all the fields in that show up in the central window and error somehow?

Thanks again for posting back,

Chris

Comment

Do you have lots of duplicates by any chance as they have caused problems like this in the past - what version of V8 are you using

Comment

It's quite common actually for a section name to be too long - it you are getting errors in Sections.cpp then that sounds like a bug in my software - send a screen shot of the error and your output into our support desk and we will be able to give more details on what it means.

With regard to product reference lengths, you need to make sure that you don't have any over 17 characters if you are using duplicates.

Once you find the field that is too long and fix it up, Actinic will open again for you.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

not too many dupes

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            Do you have lots of duplicates by any chance as they have caused problems like this in the past - what version of V8 are you using
            I can't say we have a lot of dupes. In looking deeper into the db after using QB POS Link, I found that the catalog sections table is completely shot. The client POS system has thirty departments. After the import using QB POS Link, they have 393 rows in the sections table...

Comment

Screen Shots of the error

here are a couple snaps
              Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

Actinic supports v5 and v6 of QB POS, if you are trying a higher version it will not work.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X