Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:: Site finally finished - have a butchers ::

www.32squared.com

Just adding the final stock got about 10 labels left to do!

Will be ready for chrrrimbo!

Have a run through critique it for me plz

thankssss all

Hi Daniel

It is taking me about 30 seconds to load each page, but other websites are loading as quick as normal. Have a look into your hosting performance, it may be just me, but certainly worth a look into, as i think people will leave with the current speed.

Comment

Speed is a little slow for me, pages are pretty quick but the images take a few seconds to load, but i am know were near the 30 second problem though.

I guess it is not completely finished, no alt text for the image links on the front page, and empty product sections

But i like the site, and besides who am i to pick holes

D

Comment

OK got this erro when i clicked cancel in the checkout

Sorry, there has been a page error

The server could not complete your request.

* The script or file you are trying to call may be incorrectly written.
        * The host may be having a problem currently.
        * If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
        * Open the kfhproductions.co.uk home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
        * Click Here to try another link.

Probably answer the questions about the speed, maybe the server is struggling

D

Comment

It takes about 5 seconds for me.

A few points though I noticed straight away:

- Why have you got frame forwarding for 32squared.com to .kfhproductions.co.uk? Why not host it on 32squared.com?
          - Your right hand side "jump" drop down navigations have errors e.g. Accessories takes you to page not found.
          - Your "about us", "Privacy Policy", "Large Print", "shipping" and "contact Us" links are empty "#" links.
          - Your images and product names on right hand column for present and ideal chrismas gifts should really be links in my opinion, instead of just "find out more"
          - The white product text on light grey background in the basket makes it very difficult to read (white text is the link to product page in basket only)
          - The brands text at the foot of the page looks like it should link to relevant page - but they are simply text, not links. Is this meant? Is there a reason for them?

Overall a very effective design for the product range, and from my end, everything loads nice and quickly. An interesting and effective colour scheme as well!
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

yep lol everything listed are to be sorted.. alot of the product range as still to be added.. I'll look into speed il check my image sizes and see if I can get them down a tad..

reason for the fowarding is I have a server with the kfh..co.uk one and they want £20 to merge the 32squared one.. which I will do before the site goes offically live..

links at the bottom are as you say do to be links but just getting round to it..

Comment

The jump links I added the accessories but in actinic it decided to call it something else.. lol il fix it in the next update.

The links at the top privacy etc are "#" links until I make the pages..

PPS - The thread title should of been site almost finished lol..

Comment

Dan it's always best IMO to get the site finished (from your perspective) before asking for a review otherwise people spend half their time telling you stuff you already know. Plus when you are finally ready to go live and want another, nobody can be bothered as it's been seen already. Get it 95% finished before asking for a review, instead of 50% and you will end up with better more focussed information. It's like asking us to try a half baked cake as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                  - Your images and product names on right hand column for present and ideal chrismas gifts should really be links in my opinion, instead of just "find out more"
                  How would I do this?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    It's like asking us to try a half baked cake as it is.
                    Yeah true but we all love to lick the remains from the bowl!

Comment

Not if my missus has been doing the cooking, even the dog runs and hides.

Good luck with it Daniel.

Comment

Your images are overlarge file sizes. The home page ones seem to be 40 - 60Kb each. Some of your product page ones are inexplicably bigger than the popup ones! They would be a LOT smaller if re-saved with moderate JPEG compression.

You're using frames. This is probably a terrible idea and may result in your site being invisible to search engines.

You've deleted some essential code from your Overall Layouts BODY tag. This is causing the main page to reload every time a popup is clicked. To fix this add

onload="bPageIsLoaded=true;"

to the BODY tag.
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

norman theirs not a single frame on the website.. theirs no frames what so ever there... I dispise frames lol.. the template is a single html file with additional css files..

thanks ive added that to the header

Comment

Eh! You asked us to look at www.32squared.com which contains:

Code:
                            <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN">
                            <html>
                            <head>
                            <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
                            <title>32squared.com</title>
                            </head>
                            <frameset rows="100%,*" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0">
                            <frame name="site" src="http://www.kfhproductions.co.uk/index.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" noresize scrolling="auto">
                            <noframes>
                            <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
                            <p></p>
                            </body>
                            </noframes>
                            </frameset>
                            </html>
                            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

is that the redirect doing that though?
                              Tracey