Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

data trucated error (tried the mole end solution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data trucated error (tried the mole end solution)

Hi

I received an email from a customer the other day saying he was having problems with his orders. the error was

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Editing a record in the [Order] table where [Order Sequence Number] = 2574 OR [nParentSequenceNumber] = 2574 sorted by [Order Sequence Number]

Data truncated.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate
    Now i sent him a link to the mole end spell checker software to see if this sorted out the issue out and he has replied with

I've tried the program, spell checked fixed and compressed (still have crashed orders in list).

The problem is always to do with my subscription orders, It can not handle back orders, eg: a 12 issue subscription will mean 12 back orders, most of the time this isn't a problem and it will process the orders fine.

It's just several times it will crash and I get that message below. Luckily I write down all subscriptions orders and manual alter how many items I've sent out. If you could find a way for me to delete the crashed orders that would be great.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin

I think that the order number is probably becoming too long, each time you backorder you add to the order number and the maximum length for an order number is 20.

He needs to find a different way to setup the subscriptions I think.

The spellchecker will only work for product/section data by the way, it doesn't work on order data at all.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

unrelated, but:

I used to work at a company where the chaps in the office where as geeky as me. When our 2000 pro machines had disk problems, they used to force a scandisk and one of the errors was:

"data at 0xxxxxx was truncated at sector xxxxx"

and the response from us was:

"oh noes! i'm teh truncated!"

...carry on

Comment

thanks for the reply jan

I thyink i see what is happening here. I have just had a quick look at past orders and the original order has a number of:

AB12AB10001661

and then additional back orders then display like

AB12AB10001661\B1
        AB12AB10001661\B2
        AB12AB10001661\B3
        AB12AB10001661\B4
        AB12AB10001661\B5

Im guessing there is then the odd order that is then pushing this over the 20.

is there a way to stop actinic generating long order numbers or increasing the limit from 20?

Also is there a way to get rid of the orders in actinic at the moment that have order numbers over 20 digits long?

Thanks

Comment

does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Edit the orders in the database and make the order numbers shorter.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks jan

Am i correct in thinking it is as simple as opening the access database, opening the Orders table, editing the numbers and then saving and closing the file?

Thanks

Comment

It should be - but make a back up first to be safe. I'm not so convinced this is the correct reason anymore but it's worth checking.

If it's not this, send a supoprt request into Actinic they will be able to check the db and sort this out for you.

Regards,

Comment

no this didnt seem to work

I will put a support request into actinic unless anyone else knows anything else?

Comment

Working...
                  X