hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

What the best way to track my products/download how many, who etc are viewing the products and how do i go abotu it/

paul

Originally posted by paulFromWales
    What the best way to track my products/download how many, who etc are viewing the products and how do i go abotu it/

paul
    Track sales? Stock? Likelyhood of invasion from Mars?

Can you expand a little please Paul for a concise and constructive response?

Many tanks

(oh and edit your title please, hi does not help forum searches in the future of discontent)
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I take it you was "enter your title here" when you created this thread?

Comment

I think the answer is probably google analytics.

Implimenting it is going to be a hoot.

Comment

The only way to track who is viewing your product pages is to install a system in addition to your Actinic shop that will do this - I believe that live help will do it.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
            I think the answer is probably google analytics.

Implimenting it is going to be a hoot.
            PMSLA

On form today Gabe...

Comment

I found http://www.statcounter.com/ quite useful it has a nice visitor paths feature that shows you the path a visitor takes through the site, their referral URL and each page they go through. (Kind of like a live help would).
              Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                I found http://www.statcounter.com/ quite useful it has a nice visitor paths feature that shows you the path a visitor takes through the site, their referral URL and each page they go through. (Kind of like a live help would).
                I used to use them on some client sites in the dim and distant past, but we found quite a spike in shi$e coming through the site and bandwidth went a little high on one or two.

GA is the way IMHO (once you get it in that is...) for larger sites

Smaller sites with low traffic stats would be cool, just keep an eye on it.

Comment

Hi

Guess i missed the title bar entry.. oops.

Anyway, what i want is to track the products. I want to know many people have viewed each product so i know which is most popular even if they didnt buy the product , want to also know what is the most popular words people typed in to find products etc. i used statcounter.com ages ago burt not suer what is best solution for actinic site.

paul

Comment

then impliemtnt he google analytics code only on product pages

Comment

We use Enterurl.com . Gives you usual stats plus visitor's path through site, similar to Statcounter but easier to read. Use this with tracking url's and you will be able to establish which keywords lead to conversions.

Also, Google Conversion Tracking, not quite as sophisticated as analytics, but IMO easier to implement and understand, will let you see conversion stats within Adwords for each keyword, including conversion rates and Cost per Conversion.
                      Brian
                      www.flowergallery.co.uk
                      Same day flower delivery to UK
                      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hi guys

OK then a couple mentioned here, lets have a vote:

Enterurl.com
                        google analytics
                        statcounter

These have been mentioned feel free to tell us what you used to track product stats on your sites. Just want to weigh them up and gets people comments which is always the best way to see might be best or at least point you in right direction; cant beat word of mouth

paul

Comment

cant beat word of mouth
                          No. Can't beat doing your own legwork. Especially if you don't know what you want.

Actinic will work with any of the stats packages. You need to decide what you want to do, how much effort you want to put in and whether you'll actually do anything with it in the end.

If all you want to do is see how many times the product pages are being viewed then just look at the image views in your stats. Likewise for keywords.

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X