Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product link info image not displaying in firefox when logged in

Hi,

I'm using the product link info to display a larger product image. See http://www.brightkidz.co.uk/acatalog...Waistcoat.html for an example. This works fine when logged in and not logged in using firefox. the site was created in v7.

Now in my new v8 site it works OK when not logged in but you get gobbledygook when you are logged in and using firefox (OK in IE7). See http://www.test.safekidswalking.org....Waistcoat.html
    Try logging in with test/test and then try to see the larger picture.

It looks like it could be a bug in one of the scripts.

Has anyone else come across this or got a fix?

Regards,
    Lance
    Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

This is some home brewed code I think. I see

<a href="CWBBO_400.jpg"> See larger picture</a>

Which is failing in the logged in pages as the Perl scripts don't seem to be sending the Headers that firefox expects (the returned page is txt/html when we're really displaying image/jpeg).

There are several possibilities for fixing this.

1) Try putting the full URL there. E.g.

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/CWBBO_400.jpg"> See larger picture</a>

(you'll probably want to use a Variable instead of that hard coded filename).

2) Another possible fix would be to use the popup capability to display these instead. Try replacing

<a href="CWBBO_400.jpg"> See larger picture</a>

with

<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('CWBBO_400.jpg',400,500);"> See larger picture</a>

(you'll probably want to use a Variable instead of that hard coded filename).

3) Or use Actinic built-in Extended Info pages to do this.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

option 1 works

Thanks for the quick reply Norman.

Option 1. works by forcing an explicit link to the image file rather than going via the script. It's good to know I can fairly easily get around this problem using my existing code. I may decide to use one of the two other suggested methods instead.

Thanks again,

Lance
      Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Test (1) with a new unique image filename to see if Actinic uploads the file.

Comment

It seems to upload the file all right but it doesn't work now when you aren't logged in as it prefixes the file name with the wrong path. I'll have a little play around and see if I can make sense of what is going on but I'm inclined to use one of your alternative methods even though it will mean a bit of extra work for me.

Lance
          Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Are you sure that (1) didn't work. Without posting a detailed description of the links you're using or being able to see a live page it's hard to tell.

Comment

You are right - it does seem to work now. I think I may have screwed things up a bit when I created a variable to hold the path. I've taken that out now and put the path in explicitly in the product link field. See http://www.test.safekidswalking.org....ges__WTW_.html
              The 'see more designs' link now works when you are logged in (test/test) or not. I just need to work out how to use a variable instead of having to explicitly insert the path in every product link field.
              Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X