X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a Puzzler

Hi All,

I have situation where a former employee built a site using Actinic, he
    has left and cannot be contacted, the software was on his laptop which he took with him.

I have a new copy of actinic and I have access to the files on the server where the site is hosted, how can I import that site into my new actinic software.

The existing site was created in Actinic 8.

Paul

Copy paste of the live site is your only option, or visit his house and kick his ass of course.

Comment

Oh dear paul

not much you can at all - without a snapshot your buggered, are you sure he did not have one somewhere?

D

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        or visit his house and kick his ass of course.
        An admirable suggestion.

Another option is to scour any email communications with this person, scour your webserver ftp are and scour any backups, CD's or other data storage for anything resembling a .acd file extension i.e. Actinic's own snapshot backup file.
        If you can find one then you should be able to restore "something". If your lucky the developer might have sent this file in an email, or stored it on the server or something.
        Otherwise give Mr Miagi a call and get waxing!
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your err...interesting reply, do you offer an ass kicking service I could avail myself of lol.....

Re the copy paste option, any chance you could explain how that would work a bit more, what folders etc I would copy from the server and to where in the actinic folder?

Many Thanks,

Comment

Lee does not mean copying and pasting files from the server (other than image files of course). He is referring to the laborious process of copying the text form the website product by product and pasting into the relevant fields in Actinic.

i.e. Highlight and copy product name, paste into product name field in actinic. Highlight and copy product price, copy in to price field and so on throughout the whole store - hence why the ass-kicking option is an appealing one.!
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

God that sounds like a major amount of hassle.....hmmmm....where did i put that baseball bat.

Thanks for your answers guys, much appreciated.

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X