data checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data checks

hi just been done over on a charge back £1.2k most orders are this value and type. only got to sell another 100k to make that back

card holders data full data match. avs

done over at the delivery address.

the parcelforce pod says signed for by the correct person. yet it did not even have his name on the parcel ?

any tips on how to check delivery address ? house holder ? phone numbers ?
    p.s we ship a lot of parcels so somthink cheap and fast.

I'm not sure there is a fast and easy solution to this. We've discussed it many times before and most of us have our own fraud rating 'gut feel' that tells us which orders to check out before we ship.

Things like:

- Alternative delivery address to a residential address
    - Anonymous email addresses
    - mobile numbers (though I find very common now)
    - easily sold goods / most expensive of the line

All trigger a sense of caution that something may not be quite right and whether to investigate further.

There is at least one other thread on this that's worth looking for.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Alternative delivery address to a residential address
      - Anonymous email addresses
      - mobile numbers (though I find very common now)
      - easily sold goods / most expensive of the line
      1 what would you call anonymous email ?
      2 seems every ones give mobiles . even when we ask for land lines so we could do a 118500 or 192 on
      3 easily sold . seem like every website has easily sold items, a box , easy to post , easy to ebay on. thats the joy of the internet

4 expensive, the normal shopping cart value on our site is £300 to 1k.

the biggest problem we have is time. we check all sec part data matches to the credit card but that does not help one the delivery address.

maybe we should just check the delivery address data as well.

Comment

1 what would you call anonymous email ?
        - Any email addresses that can be set up without proof of identity. i.e. hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc are bad. Good email address are those from ISPs or companies. The whole thing here is that fraudsters will try to avoid disclosing their identity where they can.

I agree with mobile numbers now being more common. Landline numbers are generally less suspicious as the can be traced to a person or address. This is the same principle as above.

By 'easily sold' I'm talking about stuff that has a high value and is attractive to others through unofficial channels. DVDs, small electronic goods, etc, are high risk candidates for fraud. Furniture would be low risk. I don't know what kind of stuff you sell but I'm sure some of it is going to be more attractive to fradusters than other stuff you have.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X