Site check please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site check please...

I know the background looks like Vera Duckworths living room but the customer wanted it so he got it.

Still some things to do but in general, be happy to get some feedback.

www.yarmouthsweets.co.uk

Mark

is it me or does the whats in my cart over lap the banner flake logo thingy?
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Move the pink clouds across the top, contents of right column moved into left column and sweets displayed at least 5 wide instead of 3. It's a scrolltastic site otherwise.

Comment

Am I loosing my mind or did we not review this site a few weeks ago

Comment

No you are right Mal, we reviewed the site without images, now we are reviewing it with them. Was it the wallpaper you remembered, there was a discussion about it at the last review? In fact what the hell is different? Has Jonty been to town with his CSS again?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Has Jonty been to town with his CSS again?
            Nope - the last site assistance was tabletastic

<table background="curry_shop.gif">
            <tr>
            <td>please be the same height cell as the others</td>
            </tr>
            </table>

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              Nope - the last site assistance was tabletastic

<table background="curry_shop.gif">
              <tr>
              <td>please be the same height cell as the others</td>
              </tr>
              </table>
              Does that cell not need a height?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                Does that cell not need a height?
                Not if you put a DIV with a height property set by CSS inside the TD ... (oh - the irony)

Back on topic:

Your menu, content and right-section DIV's along with your top-menu div positioning and width/height/float settings are a little strange causing the "flake" to be obscured by the right column appearing high (In FireFox).
                You should look to set your positioning, margins and paddings correctly for the main browsers.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                  Not if you put a DIV with a height property set by CSS inside the TD ... (oh - the irony)
                  Can you explain a little further, in fact is it Ok if i send you a snapshot?
                  Thanks Fergus, send my love to your family.

Comment

Cool, ta for that, the front page has yet to be done and it will have a good graphic on there.

Will have a tinker with the site in the morning and put some of the suggestions in place.

Lee, do you reckon then that it'd look better losing the pink clouds to the top then? Wouldnt that be a squeeze with the existing blue sweetie buttons?

Thanks as well to Jont, i MUST try and get my head round that product alignment. Damn long descriptions are knocking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TiggyPig
                      Lee, do you reckon then that it'd look better losing the pink clouds to the top then?
                      Yes.

Originally posted by TiggyPig
                      Wouldnt that be a squeeze with the existing blue sweetie buttons?
                      No, two of them are duplicates anyway.

Comment

Hi Mark

In addition to popping the prod details and name into alignment as discussed, I would add a border around the right menu, take it out further to the right (it seems a bit 'just there' at the mo) and move your global nav clouds up to t'top of ze page.

Oh and move the search box into the top left.

JMTC, lovely jubbly site tho dude, great work....

Regards
                        DJ
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

the sweet dreams graphic makes me think of bed shop and not sweet shop. Probably the clouds

is there anything you can do with the pink graphic to bring it into line with sweets...

Comment

Hmmm no expert but, not a big fan of all the colours going on, its different for products/sweets but not so sure with the buttons on the top and on the side.

D

Comment

Just to let you know that your contact page link is not working from most pages:

"The requested URL /acatalog/acatalog/info.html was not found on this server."

You have an additional "acatalog" - maybe this link was hardcoded incorrectly?

Also, I would not have several links all going to the same page, ie FAQs, contact, Terms...
                              Better to have several pages or just one link.
                              Sam
                              http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
                              http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Working...
                              X