Large Digital Download files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Digital Download files

I have a about 15 digital download products to add to our store. The products range from 100mb to 1 gig (multiple files). In total almost 3gig.

The files are on our server and I would like to set up the digital download products but I do not want to upload the files again. Is there a way of entering the download file link into Actinic so that the files are not uploaded on each refresh?

On another note, do the files need to be in the "/acatalog/dd" directory? can they be in a different location on the server?

Appreciate any comments and suggestions you can provide.

V8 has a feature whereby during site refresh you are prompted if you want to re-upload images and digital download files or simply ignore them

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Hunter
      On another note, do the files need to be in the "/acatalog/dd" directory? can they be in a different location on the server?
      I think the paths are coded into the Actinic program. The dd directory is index.html protected from browser listing so is as good a place as any to leave them. Moving them (if at all possible) may lead to a whole manner of nasties when re-sending links, adding new uploads etc.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Multiple Digital Download Files

Thank you for your help. I have moved the files to the correct directory within acatalog.

I have now encountered problems with having multiple files for each product. What I have done is to use 4 components;

1. checkbox component which is optional. (download version). Linked to a hidden digital download product (file one)
        2, 3, & 4. components with no HTML titles so they are not visible on the product page. Linked to hidden digital download products (file two,three & four)

This works for everyone who chooses the download version. However, the component items 2,3&4 are still included when the download version is not checked.

Is there a way of still hiding the last 3 components and linking them to the first component so that they there is a single checkbox for all components?

Another option could be to hide the components in the cart, receipt & email. However I think this is easier said than done.

Is there a better way of setting up multiple download files with a single product?

Comment

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in getting a response to this thread. If 2,3 & 4 are going to be common for all the download options, why dont you zip up 1,2,3 &4 as a single file.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X