Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V8 memory problems?

Hi all
    Been noticing an odd thing recently with Actinic V8.5 HBKA.

Seems as if it runs out of memory, or uses up the chache after a few hours work. The Actinic window either partly blanks or starts to "break up" in places.
    Closing Actinic and starting again clears the glitch.
    This is happening on a fairly new Dell desktop running XP service pack 2 with512Mb of memory.
    Has anybody else had similar happenings or is it "a ghost in the machine??"
    Seriously tho' it seems like Actinic has a memory leak...
    Is anyone listening in support? Am I right, or is this a known "issue" AKA a bug.

Steve.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

That HBKA is a pretty old version. There have been 3 updates since then. It may well be fixed in the current HIZA.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Is anyone listening in support?
      I doubt it - this is a community forum. If you want support then you should raise a ticket or call them.

Comment

Old version of Actinic V8

I AM out of date! Been so busy I must have missed the updates. Best do an update then.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

There's a Change Log on the Download page that will let you know what's new and what's fixed.

Comment

BTW, there's an 8.5.2 release due very soon, so it may be worth waiting a week so as not to need to go through the upgrade all over again.

Comment

Thanks. Update to HFUA seems to have done the trick, update went without any problems. HIZA did'nt seem to be recommended unless you had a specific bug that needed fixing (as far as I could see anyway). Anyone know what V9 might bring??
              Last edited by Steve G Griggs; 28-Nov-2007, 10:14 AM. Reason: Incomplete reply
              Steve Griggs.

Comment

Just my luck saw Norman's reply about new version in a week or so too late..ah well that's life. Steve.
                Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
                X