Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally finished my first Actinic site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished my first Actinic site...

Well after almost 3 months of designing, tweaking, re-designing and tweaking a bit more our site is pretty much finished.

I did post ages ago asking about something and posted a link to the test site, since then I've pretty much relied on searching the forum to get answers to my questions, the wealth of advice available has been amazing!

The first few orders have started to come through the site but no doubt there'll still be lots of things we can add/change to improve it more.

Anyway, it would be great to hear what you think and let me know if you encounter any problems!

The site is www.printvend.net

Once again thanks for all the help which has been contributed to the forum, it really has been great!
    Josh
    PrintVend for Stationery and Promotional Printing

Josh,

You've made a great job of the site, and it's great to hear someone making such good use of the forum.

However, it took me a while to work out how the site works. I managed to add some business cards to the checkout but could not find how I got artwork to you. I eventually found it under the About section, although I went into Information section to look for it first. Perhaps improving your product descriptions to include this info would help? Also what file formats do you accept? Is there a limit to the number of colours you can print? These were the things I would expect to see on a printing site!

Apart from that I really like the site. Good luck!
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback that's really helpful...

I think I'll try and add some more info about the order process (since it's a bit different to normal mail order!) to the cart page and make a clear link in the Information section.

All the printing is full (four) colour and we like artwork in PDF... there's a link to an artwork guide in the Info section and I'll also be putting up some templates for our normal sizes.

Once again thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
      Josh
      Josh

Comment

Well Done.
        Mastering Actinic is how shall I put this?
        A love hate relationship between human and software. You are never sure who has the better of it.

Please lose this from your checkout process.
        You may also be interested in the following printing:
        The last thing a customer needs is an excuse to stop the buying process.

Change the title tag to something more appropriate. I hate to appear rude but having your company name in the title tag is just plain wrong unless you are a well know brand. People will not be searching for PrintVend but they may be searching for Business cards or hand printed business cards if you get my drift.

Again not wishing to appear rude but the images especially on this page
        http://www.printvend.net/acatalog/Printing_Prices.htm
        do not suggest a quality printing service. They look like seventies fly posters.
        Checkout the images at www.istockphoto.com and you will see what I mean.

Other than that get Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools up on your site and if you can check out www.hittail.com to help you find out what terms people are using to find your site.

Finally test, test and when you are fed up with testing test some more and always record the results the same way. This way you will improve things incrementally.

Comment

Hi Bamboo,

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about the xsell messages on checkout...

With regards to the title tags, all the product pages have the product name etc etc and then PrintVend last... I will go through and change the tags on the other info pages and cart etc.

Finally the four images on the Printing Prices page... it was one of the first things I did when I was doing the customisations, looking at them now I really do see what you mean and they don't really fit the rest of the sites design, will be making adjustments!

Thanks for the comments, they're really helpful!

Josh
          Josh

Comment

Why so narrow? what screen widths has it been built for?

Comment

It is too narrow as lee says and this is the reason I think why the shopping cart is not showing in ie6 - it is being pushed under one of the images. make it a bit wider and it may sort its self out. But well done for a first site

Comment

printvend.net/acatalog/Single_Sided_Business_Card_Printing.html
                Code:
                Card Printing
                About our Full Colour Business Card Printing:
                Our Business Cards are printed Full Colour on 350gsm Silk Artboard and will give your company that professional image.

Product Specification in Detail:

- 85x55mm
                - 350gsm Silk Board
                - Single Sided Full Colour Printing
                - Packaged in clear plastic boxes (90-100 cards per box)

Want a different size or different finish? Contact us for details!
                on the above page this is where i would expect full detail of how to send art work to you, i was able to get into the checkout and order cards without seeing any info re card design as its all quite small print and doesn't come out and hit me in the face like a stale kipper would.

I would like to see better differentiation in the font sizes for example go to
                printvend.net/acatalog/170gsm_A5_Flyer_Printing.html
                its quite difficult to separate out the sections and the breadcrumb

all in all - its a good site design, very much in keeping with your industry, i had immediate faith in the website.

Well done for mentioning your extensive use of searching the forum, you are the forum most popular person today

Comment

Well done for mentioning your extensive use of searching the forum, you are the forum most popular person today
                  Well said jo and sorry I didnt say the same

Comment

Hello,

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to look at the site...

I've made some of the changes, the colourful flyposters have now been changed so they're more inkeeping with the rest of the site design.

I've also added some info on artwork etc to the Cart page... will go through and add more info on artwork to the individual product pages.

Ironically we did spend ages doing a very long artwork guide which can be found on the Artwork page (http://www.printvend.net/acatalog/Artwork.html) however perhaps this isn't highlighted enough?

With regards to the page width, I was trying to keep it to 800px, the total size is 780px... what width would be better?
                    Changing this may take a bit of time as I'll have to go through all the Photshop files and adjust all the graphics.

Thanks,
                    josh
                    Josh

Comment

Working...
                    X