Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out of stock items still available to pre order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of stock items still available to pre order?

On many of our items we mark them as out of stock which is naturally to stop people ordering items we are awaiting delivery of, is it possible to mark items out of stock and show a date when they are scheduled to be back in stock and allow people to pre-order the item?

This is possible yes, it involves the setting up of a blockif to show that it is out of stock but can be back ordered as opposed to out of stock and cannot be ordered. It also need to adjust for the showing or hiding of the add to cart button. You have about 4 ways of doing this, do you have any ideas yourself which we can help you through? or no idea at all? If you have no idea at all, then it's probably going to get a bit long to explain and a bit too technical to be honest.

There is specific help on back ordering within actinic also.

Comment

i don't have any idea how this can be done in Actinic, basically ideally i would like to have a field within the product details where you enter the due in stock date and simply replace the "out of stock" with "pre-order" and the due date similar to what Play.com or Amazon etc do with DVD's etc release dates and simply allowing people to pre-order items as required.

Comment

If you have no idea at all, then i'd suggest having a look on the actinic site for a designer and contacting them direct for a quote to do this. It's a job that probably takes longer to explain than to actually do, so shouldn't cost you much.

Comment

Or simply leave the addto cart button there with a very clear message that gives at expected delivery date.

Comment

Working...
          X