Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Section Layout Options On Some Sections

Hello All,

After (eventually) ironing out all the little bugs in my clients new V8 site, I have one final problem....

They wanted to have one product per section but the site was transferred over from v7 and didn't really fancy manually adding in some 400+ sections so ran the useful little plugin from Codepath which did it for them. I setup 2 example sections with a modified section layout which now needs to be applied to the new sections. Only thing is, I can't change the layout for these new sections as the 'Layout' tab only contains the options for the overall layout, not the section layout options!

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Charlie

Probably a result of the automation (never a fan myself) .. they should be able to support the issue if not you could try creating a new tab to assign the layout to in the library (not a great solution I agree)

Have you checked the layout is available against the layout selector in the library or are you saying there is no section layout option at all never mind the layout?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

There literally isn't the tab to even try and change the layout!

The plan is to have the top sections using 'Image Above Text' then each subsection will use my new Custom Layout (Image to the left, short description, price and some product details). If I select the layout on the parent though it changes both the parent section layout, and the content inside it (hope that makes sense?).

Think I might need to speak to CodePath and/or Actinic support.

Cheers
      C

Comment

Have sorted this with the help of Codepath. If you click on the 'General' tab for the section you have a drop down list to choose a 'Category'. If you click on the drop down it only gives one option (Standard - which is the default) but if you try and change it from standard to standard it brings up the extended info and layout options.

Comment

Working...
        X