Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE6 - Cart Summary

Bit of a concern as 43% of my site visitors are still using IE6

Under IE6 my site (and others) have a problem with the Cart Summary.

Adding to the cart is fine but the items are not showing in the Cart Summary.

Everything else is working fine.

Any ideas?
    or perhaps others wouldn't mind checking my Cart Summary in IE6 and reporting back?

Using Actinic v8.5.1 HFUA
    www .partyconnection.co.uk

Never had one work for me either, another standard item to add to the list that does not work in IE6. To top it off, IE7 wasn't released at the time V8 was, so IE6 was still the 90% market share at that stage.

Comment

hmmm...using Kermy's minicart, I have the same problem.
      I was looking to add a short message below the "No items in cart" text saying something like "IE6 users, please click "view cart" to see your updated cart" but I can't find where it's taking the "No items in cart" text from anyway

OK, editted to add because I've found it, finally!

This is only for KERMY'S MINICART.

In Actinicextras.js in the site folder, I located the line from the minicart additional script that said

var emptyLine="No items in cart.";

and added a short message after No items in cart. before the closing quotes.

Not perfect, by a long shot, but better than nothing, IMO
      Tracey

Comment

same for me, i'm looking into the function: getFullCart()

for any ie6 related tomfoolery. brb.

Comment

I think it might be cookie related.

the code reads:

var emptyLine="No items in cart.";

var cookie=getCartItem(4);

if (!cookie){
          return emptyLine;
          }

as you can see, the string you are looking for is here, in actinicextras.js.

still investigating. norm, any ideas?

Comment

Afraid I've never used Kermy's minicart so have nothing to tinker with here.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

it's not just a problem with Kermy's minicart though. It seems to be happening with the standard Actinic minicart summary too
              Tracey

Comment

The standard actinic cart summary doesn't work in IE6, the mini cart is just another extra thing not working, probably because of the same problem.

Comment

The standard actinic cart summary doesn't work in IE6
                  Surely not. IE6 has been used for years with the Actinic Cart Summary. I've never noticed it failing to display.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                    Surely not. IE6 has been used for years with the Actinic Cart Summary. I've never noticed it failing to display.
                    presumably only with V8 though.
                    And, perhaps only in certain circumstances? Although various sites I've tested today have had the same problem in IE6 (which I don't use often, I have to admit)
                    Tracey

Comment

The cookie save function is borked.

its something to dow with the gatcartitem function returning a 0 now, instead of a null. IE6 cannot understand.

Comment

pretty crap really because a large enough number of people still use IE6 to mean this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Is it fixable? Not that I can see Actinic doing it

*steps back before she lets off a mornings worth of brewed up steam*
                        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                          pretty crap really because a large enough number of people still use IE6 to mean this shouldn't be allowed to happen.
                          Tracey, when v8 was launched IE6 was the latest browser, so it was far worse then, than it is now. There are a handful of things in standard v8 that do not work in IE6. Just take a look at the dividers, marketing lists or the section lists in IE6 on a standard theme. It's quite bad really. Not a chance of being sorted out though, the longer it is dragged out, the more people will be using IE7 and then 'we don't cater for the minority' comes into play.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                            Not a chance of being sorted out though, the longer it is dragged out, the more people will be using IE7 and then 'we don't cater for the minority' comes into play.
                            which is why I didn't make a suggestion that Actinic would even think about it.
                            Probably, even when it (v8) was first released, IE6 was deemed too "old" (and about to be superceded) to provided fixes for or more of a fuss would have been made about it and it would have (as it SHOULD have) been sorted.

ok, I'm gonna button it now...it doesn't happen often!
                            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                              Probably, even when it (v8) was first released, IE6 was deemed too "old" (and about to be superceded) to provided fixes for or more of a fuss would have been made about it and it would have (as it SHOULD have) been sorted.
                              If any software company launches software not working on the current version and to cater for subsequent releases, how could they ever know it will work?

Personally, i have known this for at least 6 months and didn't report it as there was 0% chance of it being fixed IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X