Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adwords Landing Pages

Hi

Just getting up to speed with V8 and beginning to test Adwords as a traffic driver.

There is quite a lot of discussion about Adwords, analytics and conversions but haven't found anything about creating tightly focused landing pages ie a landing page that is a single product not part of a product listing page or only one product in a section.

Adwords works better with targeted landing pages specific to the Google Ad and keyword searched and it would be useful to be able to test landing page conversion rates using Google's Landing Page Optimisation tool.

I might have missed it somewhere but is it possible to create a basic single product landing page with all the order button code intact to enable ordering and checkout?

Or, what I might be asking is what is the basic order script format to add the product to basket.
    regards
    RobiW
    Accessible Website Design
    Search Engine Optimisation & Placement

I might have missed it somewhere but is it possible to create a basic single product landing page with all the order button code intact to enable ordering and checkout?
    Yes it is - look at the site in my sig - its single product pages all setup for Adwords landing pages. The subject has been widely discussed many times so a read of the forum is all you need

Comment

Create a section, put a product in it, upload the site and link to that page in adwords. What's the complication here? am i missing something? Are you confused that a product needs to then sit in 2 places? If so copy the original product and 'paste as duplicate' in the new section. Check out the 'right click' shortcut menu on a product.

Although i appear to be having a blonde day at the moment and missing the point on a few threads, so probably have here too.

Comment

am i missing something
        I recon its a windup -

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          I recon its a windup -
          LOL maybe you are right, i can't tell anymore, there seems to be either a lot around or a spate of new people at the moment, i can't decide. I always think its our old mate in a new guise.

Comment

there seems to be either a lot around or a spate of new people
            Either people who dont search or designers making statements to get business.

Comment

I understand that it is easy to create new or duplicate products in separate section(s) and link to the section in an Adwords ad.

Perhaps it was me not being clear enough. It mentioned in another thread, under landing pages/deep linking, testing Adwords ads/landing page combinations to find the page with the best conversion rate.

But if I understand the method, that would result in, perhaps, 2 or more pages for the same product appearing in the product listings, albeit, with different title, description and possibly price, necessary if Google's Landing Page Optimisation tool is to be used.

What I had hoped was that 'Hide on Web site' might enable the pages to be available with direct links but not show in listings but that appears not to be the case, at least, on our server, as the hidden pages are purged when site refreshed.

However, think may have found the solution in the Advanced User Guide under 'Adding to Cart from Anywhere on the Internet' section.
              regards
              RobiW
              Accessible Website Design
              Search Engine Optimisation & Placement

Comment

How to set up special/test landing pages

I run the Google Ad campaign for an Actinic user and have been trying to find a way of setting up test landing pages without impacting on the appearance of the usual navigation. I have just been given a solution by Actinic’s technical support people.

It is possible to set up a complete new section that can only be seen by a registered user. As my customer does not have registered users on his site, this will work well for him. We can set up more than one landing page for any product or product category and no-one will see them in the normal navigation.

If you already have registered users, I wonder if you can set up separate groups of registered users. The instructions I have been sent suggest this, but as I am unfamiliar with using Actinic, I’m not sure if I read that correctly.
                Jayne Reddyhoff
                Jayne@AdwordAdviser.com

Comment

Working...
                X