Mapping Import Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapping Import Fields

I'm trying to export the product catalog from one site to another but when I come to import the csv file an empty line is inserted in the Map Import Field column that throws all subsequent fields out of synch (please see screenshot below).

I found threads for similar problems but not this exact issue in V8 - can anyone advise on this please?
    Attached Files
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

I reported this exact problem two days ago (a bit of a rant really)

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34589

It doesn't seem to make any difference - even when you export and then import into the same system. I spoke to Actinic tech support who didn't seem too worried about following it up.

It doesn't throw things out of synch. The fields still match up - it is just that there is no import field for Tax Treatment. So far, I haven't found a problem with it.

HTH

Goz
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

The reason I spotted it was because when I did an import, some of the products and product sections went missing, so I decided to pay closer attention to the field mapping.

It certainly looks like things would go out of synch... I just assumed this blank field would be the cause of the missing products.

I'll do some more testing with different sites and see what happens.

Comment

Ok I can see now that the reason some products were missing is because the images were missing. If I copy the images folder from the original site to the new site the import seems to go through without any problems.

Thanks for the feedback Goz

Comment

Working...
        X