Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breda
    Hi Bun,
    I'm trying to do the same thing as you outline above and I have the Out of stock message coming up ok on the drop down menu. My question is did you find that even though the hidden product comes up as out of stock, people can still order it? I'm thinking that people might go ahead and order it anyway, is there something I need to switch on so people can't order an item when it's out of stock? I see in actinic help that people should not be able to order a component if it's out of stock, but I can't see where I set this.
    Thanks,
    Breda
    Hi Breda - tested it out earlier and when a customer tries to order a product that is out of stock....they are unable to do so.

Someone metioned above that they created a dummy product (that is not for sale) then a list of hidden products that link to the dummy via the permutations tab/name of associated product option. This is how I've done it

Hope this helps?
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Hi Bun,
      I'm going to put in a support request abotu this as I don;t want to confuse the client with dummy products. I'll let you know how I get on.
      Is your web site live yet?
      Breda

Comment

Actinic support set me right on this.
        What I was doing wrong was that I had set my the default 'warn' and 'suspend' level that is entered into 'Settings | Business Settings | Options' and in this tab I had the suspend set to '0' which means that effectively the product will not be suspended until you get to -1 on a product. So I reset this to suspend at 1 so that it won't be suspended until it gets to 0.

Comment

that's the problem with the AUG code being incorrect, which I did post earlier in the thread.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi,
            I have the permutatiosn working now with the product choices showing as in or out of stock. My next problem is that if they don't select a Choice from the menu, it auto picks the 1st on the list. I tried to put in a choice as "Please Choose" in the attribute, then in the permutations tab I brought it in but if I don't mark it Valid it does nto appear on the drop down list, if I do mark it valid they are chooing "please choose" as a size!
            Anyone in this situation get a workaround?
            Breda

Comment

Leave the value of the first option as Please choose..., then use javascript validation in an onblur to force a different selection.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

A solution here from Tracey too.:
                http://community.actinic.com/showthr...168#post222168

Thanks
                Breda