Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No shipping charges when using Paypal Web Pro

Hi

I'm using Paypal Web Pro. If you go through my checkout completely to pay, everything works fine. However, if a customer clicks on the 'Pay by Paypal' button which takes them to the sign in for their paypal account, it is not including the shipping charge, even if they do it on a page that shows shipping. Actinic designed the V8 with these buttons in all the checkout pages, so I would have thought it would work but no one can help me. Is there anyone out there that may know the answer?

Many thanks
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Have you searched the forum? it's been discussed at length and solutions provided already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjour
      Actinic designed the V8 with these buttons in all the checkout pages, so I would have thought it would work but no one can help me. Is there anyone out there that may know the answer?

Many thanks
      as Lee says, this has been dealt with before and a forum search will bring up details

This line makes me wonder
      so I would have thought it would work but no one can help me.
      have you contacted support about it?
      Tracey

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for quick reply. I could only find queries regarding error codes, not this specific problem, but I will look again and yes I have contacted support who have been looking at it for over 10 days without any answers for me which is why I'm getting desperate for help.

thanks
        Helen
        www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Ah yes!

I've found it all and am I right in thinking I'm wasting my time here and I'd be better off taking the paypal button out completely as I cannot see a solution, just a lot of fed up people (like me).

I tried removing the buttons before and putting just one of them at the last page of the checkout only, where shipping appears, but paypal still didn't charge for it and it seems that support have not progressed any further with sorting it out as they still can't help.

If I've missed a proper and working solution on the forum, please point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Wait til 8.5.2 is released in full, it should be sorted in that version. Or better still download it and join the beta testing if you can.

Comment

pretty crappy that support couldn't have told you that, IMO.
              It's been a much discussed issue (albeit not so recently) and that support couldn't give you the full lowdown on where it doesn't work and what is being done to fix it, is pretty unimpressive
              Tracey

Comment

The workaround to get the shipping to work with paypal is detailed at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30200 post #2. I will check on what was happening with support taking that long to get back to you on a known issue.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

Thanks again for your help. I have to say there are 1 or 2 really good guys in Actinic support that are quite helpful, but there are also a number that make matters worse and don't seem to have a clue. As a novice it would be nice to be told these things as I am spending all my time sorting out issues with Actinic and not running my new business and therefore not making any dough! oh well, maybe it will all be sorted out in time for next Xmas eh!

Have a good one!
                  Helen
                  www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X