Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Features

Hi

In Version 8 - how clever is the Login Feature?

I know that you can have different prices depending on your login status.

But what about document downloads on the product pages based on login status? Can this be achieved?

I am currently a seasoned V7 user and just questioning the power of V8 before upgrading.

Hi Matt,

If you take a look at the Advanced user guide or search the forums you should come up with the solution ...

From the AUG
    It is possible to have sections that only customers within certain customer groups will see online. To do this, you need to create a new section link template with a very specific format.

Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and locate the 'Section Links' group.
    Right-click on any of the layouts there and select 'New Layout'. Call it 'Section Link for Registered Customers Only'.

Now double-click on this layout to edit it, and copy and paste the following code into it, in place of any existing code:
    <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="2" HTML="<a href=<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName"/>><actinic:variable name="SectionName"/></a>"/>

You can then select this layout within the 'Section Link Layout' field in the 'Section' tab of any section that you want to be hidden.

You have to change the code in this template depending on which customer groups you want the section link to be visible within. The Schedules="2" value needs to be the ID of your desired customer group. You can find this from the 'Price Schedules' table in the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' database.

Note: This section really needs to be at the end of a list of sections, Otherwise unregistered customers will have a gap appearing where the link should be.
    If that is not what you are after can you give us a bit more detail on how you are offering the downloads? Are they digital downloads or are they general links for documents that can be downloaded by specific customer groups?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce

But how about visible links on a product page (with long description) - depending on a login status?

For example - existing customers buying my products regulary could have access to download hi-res pictures, installation documents etc etc.

Is this any different to you advice above

Cheer Bruce

Comment

Thats what I was talking about .. If you have several price schedules and apply them to specific customer groups, then, you can use the <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="2"
        <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="3"
        <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="4"

Tags around the links to show specific links to a particular price schedule that is linked to to customer group.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce - I appreciate your time and advice

Comment

Working...
          X