No announcement yet.

Price of an upgrade from V6 - V8 £££

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not in my house, we have prosigners and webrammers.

Its not fun to be told that something you have is pants. I happen to think that this music site is nice and effective. The default design is pretty with these colours.

I dont agree with anyone overcharging, and this is a default design. The additional cost would only really be if the site had any complex components of script changes, and i dont think thats the case.

get her to sign into the forum and talk about it, and then the money you saved give it to charity.

Comment

It looks like you've been charged for someone actually learning themselves in v8, however nice sounding she is the hard fact is that you've had an upgrade to what is a very, very basic Actinic site.

What should you have done initially? Paid for cover and asked Actinic (very nicely) to upgrade your site to a standard v8 templated site.

What should you do now? Show this person this thread, and let her see the `learned peoples` opinions, then take it from there.

You're maybe a musician, but no reason for you to play to her tune.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Alistair,

I have a degree in computer science and about 7 years experience of Actinic. I'll be happy to act as an expert witness for you if asked.

I'm not too far away either, just outside Edinburgh.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Job up for grabs?

Cheers for all the advice guys, it is appreciated and therefore please read on:

Actinic Forum Members?

Ok, so here goes, i have fallen out with a person who was holding my hand through an upgrade process from V6 - V8 and now it has come to her saying she will restore my old site and end it there which is fair comment as i am not happy with what she is charging. (more details if that is required)

The problem:
          I am not up on upgrading the software from 6 - 8 and therefore need someone who is upto speed with this to help with a pre defined price for doing so (the last agreement was open ended which was a big mistake)

The job:
          To make my site look class with me doing the product updates after the site is up and running. To integrate with SECPAY and test for all glitches!

Anyone interested?
          Please contact me on info@haydockmusic.co.uk asap

Regards
          Alistair

Comment

Alistairs designer made a humungous errror in calculating the bill. She had columns for hours and minutes (both integers). She summed the integer hours and basically added the extra minutes to that without dividing them by 60. Result was that 62 hours should have been billed instead of 120. Big difference.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              Result was that 62 hours should have been billed instead of 120. Big difference.
              maybe...but you'd think she'd have noticed, eh?
              Tracey

Comment

Never heard such crap in all my life. Even if that spreadsheet jackanory is true, does that make the total figure completely invisible once you make the mistake? Given that story, it's quite clear to me that she tried to rip you off, got caught with her pants down and is now backtracking with probably the most ridiculous story of 2007. Nobody with half a brain could look at that site and think 7k seems fair on an invoice. Its about 4 hours works for heavens sake.

Comment

Let this all be a lesson to people wanting upgrades.

Check your design against the standard templates, and always get a complete rundown on what your designer has done.

Comment

just noticed and would be interested to know how to get that telephone number showing at the top next to the [home] link at the top?
                    And while we're there how can i put an extra link next to thet one as well?

Apologies to go off topic but I saw that on haydockmusic's site & have no idea hoe to do it.

Comment

Apologies to go off topic
                      Best to start a new thread rather than ruining this one

Comment

Working...
                      X