Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Bots 403

Hi,

I have just submitted my first Actinic site to google and I have got a response saying that the acatlog directlry cannot be read because of a 403 - forbidden access error. As far as I can see the permissions should not stop them so I am at a loss. Can anyone help??

Thanks,
    Mike

Is there an 'index' page in the directory or did you rename it to 'shop' or something similar?
    A URL would be helpful.

Comment

No there is no index.html - didnt know there needed to be
      The site is www.equestrian-media.com
      Mike

Comment

This is what Google sees:
        http://www.equestrian-media.com/acatalog/ - 403.

Just rename your catalog homepage to index.html instead of shop.html

This is nothing particular to Actinic, any site would have the same issue.

Comment

Thanks for this. But just to be 100% safe - if I do this it will have no problems with the rest of the actinic built site? Do I have to rename every upload or is there away I havent found to chane it in actinic. Sorry if these are really dumb but I am new to this.

Thanks again,
          Mike

Comment

the same question has been discussed here

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ighlight=index

Comment

Do it in side Actinic.
              On the Content tab - click on the top of the catalog in the Content Tree pane (looks like a wad of dollars), then in the Catalog Details Summary pane click on the Page Settings tab - you'll see the page name there.

Just change it and Apply then upload the site. It won't affect anything else unless you have hard coded the link somehwere else yourself.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt responses - got it now.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X