No announcement yet.

not recieving any mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The layouts could effect the mail form but wouldn't effect the 'new order' or 'test' emails.

I've just tried to send a test email mail from the contact form but it won't do anything because the 'subject' field cannot be filled in. You need to fix this anyway.

The thing I find strange is that there are no recent error messages to show what is wrong.

Mike.

PS. Other threads on the forum show that Demon appear to be difficult to get email working with. Norman does seem to have it working with the snowlines site which is where the smtp settings came from.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      I've just tried to send a test email mail from the contact form but it won't do anything because the 'subject' field cannot be filled in.
      That's where Firebug for Firefox comes in handy. Simply edit the "readonly" property for this field in the browser and submit away!
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I've a friend using an Actinic V8 site on Demon Web Hosting and they've been having sporadic email delivery failures for a week or so. This looks like a Demon issue to me.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

this thread is also useful

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=32141

Comment

Originally posted by ryancreed
            also here is what happens when I do a test

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
            server: passed
            connection: passed
            sockets: passed
            communications: passed
            authorisation: passed

Then a message in a box saying
            "The network settings test was successful. If the email address you specified is correct, you should recieve a confirmation message shortly"

but I get nothing sent through to my email.
            Hi Guys back from Christmas break, I was just checking this, and other people usually get an error message next to "Message:" but as you can see I get "Message: -" Is this correct? or should it say Passed as well?

Comment

Right!

I have called demon again today, and someone has given me an answer! "Finally after the 10 millionth call to them asking the same question in different ways" Demon had updated their security so it will not allow any outbound mail connections from other programs like actinic. So this means I have to use sendmail which they said will work. I have upgraded to v8.5.2 and on the actinic site and drillpines site it has the script to add in for v6 does anyone know If I can use the same one or is there an updated one?

Looks liek for anyone using demon this is the only option other than changing hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by ryancreed
                Demon had updated their security so it will not allow any outbound mail connections from other programs like actinic. So this means I have to use sendmail which they said will work.
                Not sure if this is relevant - with our host UKFast there is a similar issue - all our outgoing emails have to go via their SMTP server with authentication, for security reasons.
                Although, for the Actinic emails, we just use localhost.
                Just a thought - you may be able to do it that way.
                Kind Regards
                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                X