Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I know when users exit my website from within the cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I know when users exit my website from within the cart?

I am looking at my site statistics and I can see that people leave my site from product pages. (I don't have a problem with this - I expect it)

I also see exit codes against "pl" files
    example os000001.pl and nq000001.pl and others

how do I know what scripts are the cart scripts and so how do I know if the users start the checkout but never complete that part - is there pl files I must look for that gives me the clues that people abandon on page3 for instance or are there some "pl" files that I can simply ignore because they are part of the upload process

I know in my statistics that about-us.html has quite a few exit-codes, so this is an area I must go away and look at for instance

thanks
    dagmar
    www.just-good-prices.co.uk
    For all your mobility and disability needs at Just Good Prices

This - http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...382.html#a1012 - Knowledge base article sets out what each Perl script does.

Also, many of your front page Section links seem to be broken.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks for the pointer to the knowledge base artical, It will help me I'm sure.

the broken links on the front page is actinic being "intelligent"
      I wanted some hard coded links on the front page that I know would work once it goes on to the website.
      when ever I backed up the actinic with a snapshot, it complained of "missing files" and sometimes I mistook the known "missing files" with a mistake that I had just introduced,
      so, in a moment of cleverness, I created a folder under the actinic site on my pc. and created a lot of dummy html files in there, this stopped all the errors showing up in the snapshot and only showed new mistakes I had made (or it did last night)

but then actinic cleverness takes over and says "you have these files in the folder - let me move all the files into the top of the web site and destroy all the correct links I had created."

so if I delete the folder so the dummy files do not exist, then snapshot complains "missing files" - if I create the dummy files, actinic destroys all my links - sometimes actinic is too clever for me to win ! - why can't I just say "leave this link alone, I think I know what I am doing" and also "stop telling me about that particular error at snapshot - Luckily, I only did the clever dummy file concept late last night, so hopeful not too many people think I don't know what I doing ! ! ! !

I am sure this must happen to other people - or perhaps . . .

thanks for pointing out the problem, I would not know until I got 404 messages in the weblogs
      dagmar

Comment

I am sure this must happen to other people
        NO- you are fighting against Actinic and it is trying to tell you what you are doing is wrong.

Comment

If you make home brewed links like

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/page1.html">Good Idea</a>

then you will be OK as Actinic will not mess with fully formed URL's.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks for all your help, this has been annoying my for ages, all but one of the errors have disappeared which is great, your help has been very much appreciated, best regards dagmar

Comment

all but one of the errors have disappeared
              Post the details of the remaining error and we may be able to fix it for you.

Comment

Many thanks, for the offer to solve the last error, I am working on a new menu which I hope will solve the problem. I have a funny feeling that I will have a few more errors before I have finished, dagmar

Comment

Working...
                X